X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jim_bob
    Warrior
    • Jul 2014

I have a precision firearms BCG in my 11.5" Lilja and it does a mighty fine job. If I ever got a happy switch, I might consider an Alexander arms hard use bolt.

While I'm here, I'll advocate for 12.5" or 10.5", just 'cause I already have one in 11.5".

But, count me in, I'll get it cut and re-threaded if need be!
    Last edited by jim_bob; 10-15-2016, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• secky101
      Unwashed
      • Oct 2016

Came over from ar15.com , This will go nicely if my fostech echo ever comes in. Will send check soon.

Update: Money sent via Paypal.
      Last edited by secky101; 10-15-2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• 55Kingpin
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2011

Officially in....check is in the mail today

Still curious about the 1-8 twist vs. 1-7.5 for 160gr subs...

Oh well, too good of a deal to pass up anyway. I'm in for 5. Hopefully, that will help nudge this along nicely.

Check is already in today's outgoing mail. Thanks!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

55K, I went to the Berger Twist Rate Calculator
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• 55Kingpin
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
            55K, I went to the Berger Twist Rate Calculator
            Thank you for the intel. I appreciate it. In all honesty though I was more concerned with stabilization when it comes to potential baffle strikes in my can. However, that's probably a non issue as well.

Is there a particular reason you went with 12" over 12.5"? I already have a V7 11" rail and I hope it works....

Comment

• keystone183
              Warrior
              • Mar 2013

BFT.....you got a count on where we're at numbers wise? Also, can you keep us (me) updated as to when you receive the orders from the other GB? Glad yall were able to make that happen!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

55K, if it helps, below I've attached a graphic of LaRue handguards on their 12" barrel. Shows their 11" just shy of the muzzle device.
                Attached Files
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Regarding barrel length, as I've studied the issue and tried to see a pattern and figure out rhyme or reason, I see SBR barrel lengths all over the place. AA has their 10.5 echoing what the SEAL boarding parties use. But why did the SEALs choose 10.5? In the industry, 11.5 and 12.5 are common. Why 11.5? Why 12.5? When the Army tried to develop the XM8 carbine, they settled on 12" as the optimum standard length. Why? LaRue sells a 12". Lilja sells an 11.5" and a 12.875". Is there some magic in 12.875"? What I see, in the final analysis, is guys just pick a length and run with it.

So my thinking is to split the difference between the common 11.5 and 12.5. I know the claims are that a 10.5 on a carbine gas system is just fine for reliability, but I like a little more barrel, a touch more dwell time, in front of the gas block. For a product line, I like that 12 is different enough from 16 to make the SBR a different animal. If I start creeping up in length, then the whole point of an SBR becomes moot and why not just make it a 14.5 or a 16?

So that brings us to 12".

Comment

• arguy
                    Unwashed
                    • Sep 2014

Well Im in. Form is emailed and paypal is sent.

....and my first post taboot !!

Comment

• jim_bob
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2014

C'mon folks, you know you need a 12" pipe for your deer stand blaster!

Comment

• explorecaves
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

I'm in. Will get the form sent off with my next paycheck (saw this after I purchased ammo..... LOL)

Comment

• henschman
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jun 2016

I saw on arfcom that they decided to combine their group buy with yours! Good news. That will make this happen much faster.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

Head count: Got 18 commitments, but 3 actually sent payment so far (four more in the mail?). MNWhiskeyMan says about 20 are coming from AR15.com (although one dropped out cuz he refuses to do business with anyone but AR15.com. Uhhh . . . OK?)

Dudes, after we get this group buy merged with the other one, I'm gonna be hittin' ya up for da casshhh. How about saving me some hassle and sending payment now? This is gonna happen when we MAKE it happen, so let's keep it rolling!

Those who have shot their 16" inch barrels say they're looking VERY solid for the money, and I know Faxon will do the same here with these 12s.

We know that SBRs are the Most Evilest of Evil Black Rifles, so of the current 12, 18, and 20 Faxon group buys going on here, this 12 is the one I really want to get rolling before the election. Tell your buddies and let's do it!

Comment

• subinoob
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jul 2016

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to getting this upper built.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                                Chieftain
                                • Feb 2013

All right. I will save you some hassle. I will mail my payment tomorrow.
                                Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

Working...
                                X