• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
    Regarding barrel length, as I've studied the issue and tried to see a pattern and figure out rhyme or reason, I see SBR barrel lengths all over the place. AA has their 10.5 echoing what the SEAL boarding parties use. But why did the SEALs choose 10.5?
    10.5" (10.3" actually) is as short as is feasible with the standard gas system and front sight assembly.

When the Army tried to develop the XM8 carbine, they settled on 12" as the optimum standard length. Why?
    M4 carbine --- OAL (stock extended): 33"
    XM8 carbine -- OAL (stock extended): 33"

(Sorry for the very late reply to your questions, John, but I learned of them only today. )

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

Shoot j returned one of those FN CHF 300 BO barrels to palmetto and waited 3-4 months for them just to finally get back to me and say "we don't have any and don't know when or if we will get anymore in, would you like refund or credit?" Good Lord gimme my cash back! Lol. Then it took them about three weeks just to refund the money back to my CCard. Plus waiting on hold for 1.5hrs each time x 3. Was SUPER happy in the end because that one barrel is mainly how I was able to fund two of these sweet babies! I REALLY appreciate the slight delay in ordering. And happily waiting for jackpot. Good things to come!

Post #421 ^^^ look how awkward that grip angle is! That's why I'm thinking about going as vertical as possible. If there's one thing I learned from paintballing it's that in some ways (maybe alot) they are WAY ahead of the game. Vert. is way better for tucking in behind cover. And anywhere close to your body or inside vehicles egress, CQ, or where you can't shoulder etc. Battlefield -sorry battle arms dev. and B5 p23 here I come! I guess you can tell which genre I prefer..
      Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 04-05-2017, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Josh
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
        Vert. is way better for tucking in behind cover. And anywhere close to your body or inside vehicles egress, CQ, or where you can't shoulder etc. Battlefield and bravo p23 here I come!
        It's better for everything in my opinion. I run the B5 Grip 23 on everything, even my precision builds. It really makes a huge difference in shooting from prone.

Comment

• jonny rotton
          Warrior
          • Dec 2015

are they going to get shipped later this week??

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
            Dudes! It takes a long time to saw up all those old Arisaka barrels! Type 38 barrel length is only 31.5 inches and so I can only get two per. How fast you expect me to go at that rate??? Sheesh. . . .

SERIOUSLY: Nathan keeps saying soon, but I'm not gonna put a date on it cuz you know that's just inviting consternation.
            Originally posted by Josh View Post
            It's better for everything in my opinion. I run the B5 Grip 23 on everything, even my precision builds. It really makes a huge difference in shooting from prone.
            see I never even thought of that, but two DMR's are in the works so I'm going to find out. I'd like to have all my new rifles as identical as possible. The angle kinda makes sense for pistols. But the little colt 380 had a pretty vert. grip and it's a pretty popular pistol... And then there's the mac's LOLOLOL! (The brick) I think the industry is starting to catch on though.

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
            are they going to get shipped later this week??
            See quote above.

Comment

• RANGER
              Warrior
              • Oct 2016

BFT,

The whole "checks in the mail" only works so long. Something is starting to feel "not right" over at Faxon. If all they had to do was get these laser engraved then something is off. Either they are sitting in a pile and not being worked on, or they weren't honest in saying "they're all done but the engraving".

Can we maybe get Nathan to give a "no shit, honest assessment" of what the status is?

Comment

• jonny rotton
                Warrior
                • Dec 2015

what says nathan??

Comment

• CYB29
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2016

Tag for updates.

Comment

• Apparition
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2014

Any day now

Comment

• Geary
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2015

People are impatient....

Comment

• Apparition
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Geary View Post
                        People are impatient....
                        Better than impotent

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2016

Yeah no ish... I think I know who the guy is sitting in traffic and honking at everyone. keep in mind, this isn't a caliber they do regularly. Who know maybe they didn't pass final inspection. I'd appreciate that if they didn't meet their standards they remade the batch... I'm willing to wait for quality. Its the same reason I'm not mad when Rick and Morty takes like 1.5-2 years to release next season. I think bits currently ranked #8 TV show of all time on IMDb. You all should give it a try.. btw it's based of back to the future fyi... Definitely crude but but absolutely hilarious if you don't mind that sorta thing.

Comment

• topgun09
                            Unwashed
                            • Sep 2016

hello gents if there is anyone who has bought a barrel and has decided to go another route let me know i would like to have one! thanks

Comment

• RANGER
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                              Yeah no ish... I think I know who the guy is sitting in traffic and honking at everyone. keep in mind, this isn't a caliber they do regularly. Who know maybe they didn't pass final inspection. I'd appreciate that if they didn't meet their standards they remade the batch... I'm willing to wait for quality. Its the same reason I'm not mad when Rick and Morty takes like 1.5-2 years to release next season. I think bits currently ranked #8 TV show of all time on IMDb. You all should give it a try.. btw it's based of back to the future fyi... Definitely crude but but absolutely hilarious if you don't mind that sorta thing.

I agree, I have no problem waiting for quality. I also have no problem if upon a Q&A inspection they failed and Faxon decided to remake them. I'm ok with that.

What I'm not ok with is when people say "Hey, I'm right around the corner. Be there in 5 minutes!" when in fact, they haven't even left the house yet.

Nathan was actively posting in another thread over on Arfcom and when I asked about the barrels he popped smoke and stopped posting.

He told BFT that the barrels were done and only needed the laser engraving. I have no reason to not believe either one of them. However, if that is all that needed to be done why is that task taking so long?

Just would like an honest update.

Comment

• explorecaves
                                Warrior
                                • Sep 2014

Maybe there was a catastrophic failure with the laser engraving machine and they are waiting on replacement parts and a service tech to come out? Maybe Nathan had a family or medical emergency and has been out on paid leave? Too many what ifs are floating around. I am sure BFT has tried to get an update on a regular basis and I am sure as soon as BFT knows anything more, it will be posted. It has now been all of 2 weeks since the last update. Wow...... that is SOOOOOOOO long to wait...... Yes, I am guilty of posting in here and possibly riling things up in this post but it is all in good humor. Maybe it is just my experience as a gov contractor that I can handle the hurry up and wait, but it is something that everyone needs to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X