• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • explorecaves
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
    EXC, did you cut your Gibbz that way, or did it just work out . . . perfect!?!
    I hoped it was going to be perfect but planned to cut it if needed..... no cutting needed so assembly will commence right away! LOL

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
      They are beautiful barrels.

It is a crying shame the longer barrel buys don't gain steam.
      I thought the Grendel needs a longer barrel to achieve it's full potential (velocity)? If I build a pistol I don't think it will be a Grendel but a pistol cartridge like the 300 Blackout.

Comment

• explorecaves
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
        I thought the Grendel needs a longer barrel to achieve it's full potential (velocity)? If I build a pistol I don't think it will be a Grendel but a pistol cartridge like the 300 Blackout.
        Longer barrels will lead to higher velocities but with the 129gr ABLR, the 12 inch barrel will still reach out to 500+

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

6.5 Grendel is the SBR cartridge to beat. Nothing else compares well with it.

Suppresses well
          Remains supersonic longer than any other factory chambered AR15 out there by a long shot
          Has Wolf steel case support
          Has the longest effective hunting reach of any other AR15 cartridge
          Has more energy at 400yds than a 20" .30-30 with 150gr RN at 400yds
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

I thought the Grendel needs a longer barrel to achieve it's full potential (velocity)?
            Technically speaking, that can be said of most any cartridge.

All SBRs give up velocity, true, but sleek 6.5mm bullets help retain it. (Not that most get an SBR thinking long-range, but it's the correct concept for a military application, for example, with a compact weapon facing variable engagement distances.)
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

I'm impressed with USPS delivering in LESS THAN two working days! Those guys work Sundays now?
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• rabiddawg
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2013

I thought the Grendel needs a longer barrel to achieve it's full potential (velocity)?.
                a post by Precision Firearms

7.5 Bartlien at 100 Yards. Groups averaged 1.5 Inches 2000 FPS 123 Match King
                8.5 Bartlien at 100 Yards. Groups Averaged 1.4 Inches 2100 FPS 123 Match King
                10.5 Bartlien at 100 Yards. Groups averaged .9 Inches 2200 FPS 123 Match King
                12.5 Lilja Blank Chambered by PF at 100 Yards. Groups .75 2300 FPS 123 Match King
                14.5 Lilja Blank Chambered by PF at 100 Yards. Groups .5 2350 FPS 123 Match King
                14.5 Krieger at 100 Yards. Groups averaged .38 2375 FPS 123 MatchKing

Looking at that info told me that 12.5" was the short barrel sweet spot
                Last edited by rabiddawg; 04-24-2017, 11:10 PM.
                Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• jdelong
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2017

Got mine today (Virginia). Assembled and function checked already, site in tomorrow if the rain is not too bad. Thanks again BFT for making this happen!!

Comment

• ScoutH57
                    Bloodstained
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by yellowhammer View Post
                    Were we supposed to get the group buy barrel & group buy bolt in the same package or did they come individual?
                    Thanks BFT for all your hard work.. Got mine today too down in Texas. Will put it together tonight.

Same question as him. I bought a bolt too a while back.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2016

Yeah I even bought a PSA CHF 300BO barrel and sent it back and got two of these. Grendel will put the little 300 bo to shame!

Comment

• stellar
                        Bloodstained
                        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by jdelong View Post
                        Got mine today (Virginia). Assembled and function checked already, site in tomorrow if the rain is not too bad. Thanks again BFT for making this happen!!

Dang you!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jdelong View Post
                          Got mine today (Virginia). Assembled and function checked already, site in tomorrow if the rain is not too bad.
                          Wasting no time! Some kind of prize needed!

Any of you guys get chrono data, it'd be greatly appreciated to average it out over several barrels to add to the knowledge of The Horde.

Comment

• jurassic
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2014

Barrel is beautiful, every different type of factory round I have drops out like they should. Time to order more parts and steel case ammo.

Thanks John, it arrived in perfect condition.

Comment

• Apparition
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2014

Guess mine arrived but I'm out of state.

Comment

• bj139
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2017

Can these barrels be attached to pistol lowers with no special permission from the authorities?

Comment

Working...
                                X