• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmike66
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by stellar View Post
    Faxon, is the fix going to be making all new barrels with the pin being more recessed so the chamber is 100% barrel material or ream out the chamber so the pin is flush?

My pin is visible but not potruding visibly so if the latter is the solution, I probably wont send it in.

Per the e-mail yesterday, new barrels, 5 weeks-ish. Re-reaming them would never pass their QC muster I can't think, wouldn't be an option. Long term safety I would think would be an issue.

Comment

• the_assman
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2016

wow have i missed alot

did all the barrels from the first group buy get shipped or just half ? is there any eta on the second half of the first GB ?

Comment

• -del
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2017

I was wondering the same thing. When are the second set of barrels going to be made? Maybe Faxon could give us an update on the second group buy.

From what I understand from other gun forums that people still have not received their barrels from the first group buy. A few were complaining about the additional 5 weeks to fix the barrels. I could be wrong because the second 12 inch group buy has no updates on production times.

I think I'm going to buy a different barrel now and figure out what to do with the 12" when I finally get it.

Comment

• Smarcus
          Unwashed
          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by the_assman View Post
          wow have i missed alot

did all the barrels from the first group buy get shipped or just half ? is there any eta on the second half of the first GB ?
          Interested in this also. I am in the second batch.

Comment

• san antonio fj
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2015

Im also hoping for an update on second half of the 1st group buy

Comment

• explorecaves
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

I would assume Faxon is holding off making more until they get the first barrels back for QC evaluation so they do not make any more mistakes with the remainder of the barrels.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                Warrior
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by RogueNathan View Post
                A pleasure to be of service. We ALWAYS stand behind our product!

We did check chambers for "loose" and found the chambers 100% in-specification for SAAMI. The loose is likely caused by the small deformation of the pin into the chamber not letting bullets go all the way in without the force of a BCG. Some barrels have less protrusion than others and many will have none.

It's why we are taking back any and all barrels that customers are willing to send back. It's not a safety issue, but it's not something we can stand to see in the field with Quality being one of our core foundations.

Our sincere thanks to all here who have already responded. Its awesome to work with good people and to have the opportunity to serve.
                Hey Sh*t happens, its how you handle it that's a true sign of a quality reputation. Honestly this flub has only made me more impressed with your Co. Now, I might have a slightly different opinion if I already fully assembled mine and was at more risk of marring parts and fasteners. But even then it's still not a huge deal. I can't wait to see if accuracy changes on the correct chambers.

Can't wait to see what sorta gift they are giving.. Thanks Rogue.
                Sent my two back. I'm sure they will just slam out the rest of the 2nd group waiting while they redo these. Makes no sense to keep them waiting and keep changing tooling while it's already setup.

Comment

• the_assman
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2016

Bueller ... Bueller

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Update, Thursday, June 8: Nathan says barrels are now going through rifling.

Progress being made; don't have firm ETA.
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• madmike66
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2016

Have they said anything re: the replacement barrels for those of us who had to return them due to the alignment pin?

Comment

• SteelersFan
                        Unwashed
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                        Update, Thursday, June 8: Nathan says barrels are now going through rifling.

Progress being made; don't have firm ETA.
                        Just out of curiosity but wouldn't rifling be a early step in the barrel making process?

Comment

• Troutguide
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2017

It should come before stress relieving and then profiling. So still a ways to go unless they are cranking on them. If it's just a matter of how much of the total capacity is dedicated to these barrels. I wonder if they just do one barrel round at a time might not really take that long with undivided attention. I can only hope. This is the last piece of my first ar.
                          "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Falfreak
                            Unwashed
                            • Dec 2016

Any ETA on the replacement barrels?

Comment

• Les
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2016

Or the second batch, the silence is deafening.
                              Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Troutguide
                                Warrior
                                • Jan 2017

I know, wish there was a better estimate available I'm tempted to buy a cheap barrel if its going to be another month. But I would rather spend the cash on other things.
                                "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

Working...
                                X