• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christopher67
    Warrior
    • May 2015

Originally posted by win.308stealth View Post
    Very interested in one of these, just have to wait until after Christmas.

This ^^^

What are we at now number wise?

Comment

• Nicaburns
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2016

Have not done a group buy like this and am a total newbie to the 6.5 Grendel round... Is it likely that there will be any update on how many people are "in"?

Comment

• Christopher67
        Warrior
        • May 2015

Originally posted by Nicaburns View Post
        Have not done a group buy like this and am a total newbie to the 6.5 Grendel round... Is it likely that there will be any update on how many people are "in"?

I'm sure they will post what number they are at, or you could message the OP and ask.

Comment

• Nicaburns
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Christopher67 View Post
          I'm sure they will post what number they are at, or you could message the OP and ask.
          Will continue to keep an eye out for info

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Gentlemen, as of this writing we stand at 14 verbal commitments and 4 paid participants.

Updates will be posted on my first post of this thread.

It's been recommended we go melonited stainless on these barrels. Thoughts?
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• diaboli3
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2017

I am in for this group buy. This is my verbal commitment.

Comment

• Red Dawn
                Warrior
                • Nov 2016

Rise on Up to the top of the list. I'd like to see this one on my AR.
                "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

• win.308stealth
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2015

Funds mailed earlier this week. Now am really thinking of ordering another one. Someone talk me out of it!!!

Comment

• RANGER
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2016

Mid-length gas system is what keeps me from jumping in on this. How about rifle? OR intermediate at the very least?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

R, I'm doing mid-length on this because Bill Alexander, the developer of the 65G, thinks it's best with an 18" in the 65G. Further, I believe it's his opinion that an 18" 65G with MLGS is almost ideal for the smooth operation of the gas system with this particular cartridge. One of his favorite lengths.

A gas system of intermediate length between mid-length and rifle-length is hampered by guys needing to find specialty intermediate gas tubes.

I really like the idea of getting the gun to operate as softly and smoothly as possible, so I hear what you're saying, but a RLGS on an 18" runs into dwell-time issues and the possibility of less-than-optimal reliability.

I'm not ruling out any barrel and gas system configuration in the future, but for our first 18" offering it's best to stick with tried-and-true.
                      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• RANGER
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2016

hard to argue with Bill's expertise on the cartridge

I'd like to hear LRRPF52's opinion. The man literally "wrote the book" so I give his thoughts plenty of weight as well.

Depending on what he says I may jump in on this buy. BFT, do you plan on making these barrels with the 5R-EE as well like the 12"? Seems to make sense to keep rifling lands shorter for this round.

Also, would this length benefit from a progressive twist?....is Faxon capable of that even?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Yes, it'll be 5R-EE. No plans for progressive twist. Leave that to the really, really, really specialty projects.

Comment

• Scarecrow31
                            Unwashed
                            • Feb 2017

This is awesome. I've been looking for a 18" barrel for my first 6.5G rifle. How close are we to getting to the 50 required orders?

Comment

• win.308stealth
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2015

Scarecrow, it will be one closer to 50 if you order one. Lol.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

UPDATE: These will be 416R stainless with QPQ melonite, and not 4150 CMV. Price will not change.

The 12 and 16 lengths will remain 4150 CMV with QPQ melonite, as I consider them a tactical barrel, where guys might want to shoot them hot and hard.

I see the 18 and 20 as accuracy and hunting barrels, where the precision of stainless gives a theoretical accuracy advantage. Note, however, that with the addition of QPQ melonite on these stainless barrels the durability will also be excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X