• Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Thank you BFT

Comment

• Torquaholic
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2017

Mine came in Saturday. Thanks for the effort in packaging, BFT; it arrived safe and sound. I'm putting together a build thread in another section of the forum. Weight as measured without red caps is 2lb 1.9oz on my scale. I'm stoked to get this thing going, but already ran into an issue with the muzzle device. Glad to see others haven't had the same issue. Happy New year, horde!

Comment

• UncleEric
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2014

Fell asleep at the keyboard! If not too late, would like to hop in for two, please! Love the 12.5 in barrel!

Comment

• Sean Boburk
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2017

I was starting to worry when it hadn't come yesterday...but it was waiting on me when I came home today...thanks BFT and everyone that ordered to make this possible. Still not sure how I feel about the handguard, but I'll give it a go and see how it works out. Second Grendel done.

Comment

• sscandyman
            Bloodstained
            • Apr 2017

My Barrel and bolt arrived yesterday, thanks BFT !

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Good lookin' build, Sean. Side charger?
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Sean Boburk
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                Good lookin' build, Sean. Side charger?
                Thanks. Yes, good eye. My first side charger. It's a BCA upper. I use my guns to hunt, so wanted to try a side charger to make it easier than having the handle under the scope.

Sean

Comment

• 1075 tech
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2015

Hey John, I know I said early on that I'd be in for 2. My brother and I were going to do builds. He can't right now. I'm somewhat computer illiterate and can't figure out how to email the form to you. I'll PM you with my shipping info. $$ sent via PP.

Thanks

Comment

• Three_Zero_Seven
                    Unwashed
                    • Mar 2017

In for one, payment sent.

Comment

• UncleEric
                      Unwashed
                      • Sep 2014

woohoo! Got mine yesterday. They are awesome! Thanks for organizing the group buy!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

Good to hear!

Still got about 13 of these left.

Excellent hunting length.

Spread the word!
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• RANGER
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2016

I'm very tempted to jump in on this but the mid-length gas system is what has me hesitant.

I'm thinking for 18" the gas really needs to be at least "intermediate" if not "rifle".

EDIT:

Has anyone put one of these together and shot it suppressed? Does it seem over-gassed? Is the impulse/dwell time too high?
                          Last edited by RANGER; 01-11-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Sean Boburk
                            Bloodstained
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by RANGER View Post
                            I'm very tempted to jump in on this but the mid-length gas system is what has me hesitant.

I'm thinking for 18" the gas really needs to be at least "intermediate" if not "rifle".

EDIT:

Has anyone put one of these together and shot it suppressed? Does it seem over-gassed? Is the impulse/dwell time too high?
                            I have heard of pistol (4"), carbine (7"), mid (9"), and rifle (12"). How does intermediate fit into these?

Sean

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Am using MLGS in these 18s because that's what Bill Alexander recommended back in the day, and also because it allows the home builder to use more common gas tubes. Bill could have been wrong, but his opinion was that a RLGS on an 18" limited your ammo choices because it might not cycle all reliably, particularly weaker ammo (Wolf steel-case) or lighter bullets.

Having said that, yes, I do like to use as long a gas system as possible for "softer" shooting.

One runs into the same issue with a 12.5 and deciding between a CL or ML gas system.

Comment

• bj139
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                                Am using MLGS in these 18s because that's what Bill Alexander recommended back in the day, and also because it allows the home builder to use more common gas tubes. Bill could have been wrong, but his opinion was that a RLGS on an 18" limited your ammo choices because it might not cycle all reliably, particularly weaker ammo (Wolf steel-case) or lighter bullets.

Having said that, yes, I do like to use as long a gas system as possible for "softer" shooting.

One runs into the same issue with a 12.5 and deciding between a CL or ML gas system.
                                My Ballistic Advantage 18" barrel has a rifle length gas tube and I thought that was great.

I only shot it once but it often did not eject completely with Wolf steel cased ammo. I reported it on one of the threads here.

Midlength may have been better, as Bill has stated. I need to shoot more and buy barrels less since I have less experience with each barrel.

Comment

Working...
                                X