X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

This Faxon barrel is comparable to Faxon's Match series barrels, except that these have a black nitrided extension rather than the silverish nickel teflon.

8 left.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• gnumadic
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
      This Faxon barrel is comparable to Faxon's Match series barrels, except that these have a black nitrided extension rather than the silverish nickel teflon.

8 left.
      Mark me down for one!

Comment

• CVCOBRA1
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2018

BFT-----sent you a PM. I'd like to get in on one of these also. New the forum and don't know what the process is. Thanks

Comment

• CVCOBRA1
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2018

Paypal sent.........Thanks

Comment

• Fred Garvin
            Unwashed
            • May 2017

PM sent mark me for a barrel and bolt.

Comment

• ToeheadAR
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

i'll take one too! I'm filling out the form and will PM you soon.

Comment

• IescapedCali
                Warrior
                • Sep 2017

4 Nerds walked into a bar...

BFT, Sneaky, & Eric; had a great time getting together. You’re some great dudes!
                I arrived home from Chilly MInneapolis, to be greeted at the door by my new 18” barrel, and GB bolt. Really excited to build this. I’ll catxh up with y’all on my next visit, in a warmer season.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Ha! We had some fun. Good time,

Glad to see the Faxon BBL is there for you. I have a few ideas to help out I cali.

Brrrr in Mn lately....

Are you going to assemble -20-30ft lbs. of torque, then try it out? Or are you going to go for the full on of 35-40 ? After a twice at 40 , then off again,? Need to do that twice.

Cant go past 70.

Comment

• gnumadic
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2017

Mine should be here any day...and I can hardly wait!

Quick question: I know the barrel has 5/8-24 threads. Is the thread length on the end of the barrel the standard 0.6"? I was thinking about just using a thread protector since my build is primarily for hunting. Never used one. Most I've seen are 5/8" in length (0.625), but I've come across a few that are 0.750.

I was also thinking about using a 3 or 4 prong flash hider. One of my 4 kids (ages 8 - 16) might hunt with it, too. A brake would be perfect for the younger ones in terms of recoil, except for the concussion (and I don't want to have to wear hearing protection in the woods). What are you running for a field application?
                    Last edited by gnumadic; 02-12-2018, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• 1075 tech
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2015

Standard 5/8-24 thread protector will work fine.

This is what I have used on both my Grendel builds:

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...-24-x-point750.

At $6, cheapest I've seen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the .625 and .750 you refer to are the diameter, not the length.

Comment

• gnumadic
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by 1075 tech View Post
                        Standard 5/8-24 thread protector will work fine.

This is what I have used on both my Grendel builds:

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...-24-x-point750.

At $6, cheapest I've seen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the .625 and .750 you refer to are the diameter, not the length.

Thanks. Good to know a standard one will work. It's defintely .625 in diameter" (5/8"), but I had come across these two that were listed as 5/8 and 3/4 in length.

$10 a piece so not bad even if I decide to change it up later. There's one from Lilja that looks great with 1:8 twist flutes on the outside ($20).

Comment

• Sean Boburk
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by gnumadic View Post
                          Mine should be here any day...and I can hardly wait!

Quick question: I know the barrel has 5/8-24 threads. Is the thread length on the end of the barrel the standard 0.6"? I was thinking about just using a thread protector since my build is primarily for hunting. Never used one. Most I've seen are 5/8" in length (0.625), but I've come across a few that are 0.750.

I was also thinking about using a 3 or 4 prong flash hider. One of my 4 kids (ages 8 - 16) might hunt with it, too. A brake would be perfect for the younger ones in terms of recoil, except for the concussion (and I don't want to have to wear hearing protection in the woods). What are you running for a field application?
                          I hunt with my ARs. I used a 5/8ths thread protector on my Grendels. I have thread protectors on all my AR-15s (nothing to hide a flash from...and the brake on my AR-10 is more annoying than helpful IMO).

My first two grendels, I purchased 3/4 length thread protectors, and wound up taking them to the bench sander to sand about an eighth of an inch off them.

Sean

Comment

• Randy99CL
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2017

I really like this one for the price: https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...-24-x-point750
                            The length is perfect on my BCA barrel:AR16C.jpg 5/8" would be too short.

And BTW, Midsouth still has the lowest price on new Hornady brass that I've found: https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...rass-100-count
                            Last edited by Randy99CL; 02-12-2018, 07:08 PM.
                            "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• gnumadic
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2017

Sean, thanks for sharing...totally sounds like something I'd end up doing, too.

Randy, that's a great price. It looks shorter than it is wide, but it may just be the photos. Can't tell on Midsouth's website if the 0.750 is outer diameter or length.

So far the consensus for hunting seems to be thread protector. I wish flash hiders and comps came with a decibel rating!

Comment

• 1075 tech
                                Warrior
                                • Apr 2015

The ones from Midsouth are what I have used on both Grendel and 5.56 builds. 1/2-28 for the 5.56 builds and 5/8-24 for the Grendel builds. I only have .750 diameter barrels and these fit fine. I'll see if I can get close up pic posted later.

Comment

Working...
                                X