X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nicaburns
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

Reeeeeaaally looking forward to these... fingers crossed for soon!

Comment

• 85redsled
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2017

Hey guys, nOob here and new to 6.5 as well. 6.5G seems to check all my boxes and want to build a hunting rig. I just saw this group buy but it seems I may be a bit late. Are all these barrels spoken for or did Faxon make extra? Thanks!

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

BFT can we get a total count for this GB, getting close to delivery date, be nice to know how many are left.

Comment

• diaboli3
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2017

I believe that the current count is in the thread title. BFT can confirm, though. 21/50

Comment

• 85redsled
            Unwashed
            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by diaboli3 View Post
            I believe that the current count is in the thread title. BFT can confirm, though. 21/50
            I hope this is correct. Awaiting word from our leader.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Yes, that is correct as of this past Wednesday. Have plenty available.
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I saw the 21/50 but didn’t know it had been updated, thanks BFT.

Comment

• AppalachianGunSlinger
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2017

Is there a close date on this buy? Really would like to get one but with other gun projects finishing up for the year and Christmas. I don’t think I can do till Jan at a min. I really have to be careful about starting up new projects early and finish others first. The last of the year was a precrossbolt safety marl8n 336 in 30/30and a Leupold XX 1.5-5x20, with custom sling and little here and there parts to fix it back up to be a good Deer, Black Bear, and hog gun out east. Otherwise the new year wanna do a 6.5 grendel upper, a 6.8 spc upper and a 6.5 Creed AR. Also have the wife’s 10/22to finish sh with a tactical solutions receiver Nd new trigger group. Plus a few more Optics here and there with new and older still waiting. A steady year for projects and not enough money to go around. Also, there was talk about getting a matched bolt or BCG with barrel for a discount. Did that happen or possible? Has to be black nitride day a min. Saw a few for Black Friday ie a toolcraft com9lete BCG for right at $80. With this seemingly to be a go what would be the turn around since it was funded already?

BTW Combat Disabled Retired Army and while being alive and retired is great. Living on a budget makes it very difficult to swing things. Not having a Credit Card helps as well because even with a star card when going near a base one tends to use it to get stuff you need but really cannot afford and am at the point now where I really have to watch stuff and save up for anything over $200 a pop. The joys of a fixed income. Though good for life you can’t really splurge like when you got promotions or bonuses. Yuck.
                  Last edited by AppalachianGunSlinger; 11-26-2017, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

Look at the Monster bolt group buys... Group "E" is now open, $58 shipped, a really good deal.
                    I have a toolcraft as a spare and, as discussed in another thread, their bolt and FP need to be used together as their FP is shorter than standard AR FP.
                    If you get a true Grendel-length bolt like the Monster you can use standard firing pins.
                    Grendel length bolt is 0.010" longer to match up for the 0.135" bolt-face depth, thus standard AR FP will work.
                    Hope this is not confusing.

Either pair setup will work, you should just be aware of the differences.

ps, I got the Monster bolt to be for this 18" build with this Faxon barrel.

Welcome to the horde!
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Mudder500
                      Unwashed
                      • Oct 2017

Itching to get my barrel and bolt now. Have everything but it waiting to assemble for last part of hunting season

Comment

• AppalachianGunSlinger
                        Bloodstained
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                        Look at the Monster bolt group buys... Group "E" is now open, $58 shipped, a really good deal.

I will Check it out. Was hoping for a complete m16 BCG though that was at least nitrided and shot peened and MPI inspected

I have a toolcraft as a spare and, as discussed in another thread, their bolt and FP need to be used together as their FP is shorter than standard AR FP.
                        If you get a true Grendel-length bolt like the Monster you can use standard firing pins.
                        Grendel length bolt is 0.010" longer to match up for the 0.135" bolt-face depth, thus standard AR FP will work.
                        Hope this is not confusing.

Tracking, as per the colt designs for the bolt Face ie the am bolt Face design used when designing the 6.5 by Bill Alexander?

Either pair setup will work, you should just be aware of the differences.

ps, I got the Monster bolt to be for this 18" build with this Faxon barrel.

Welcome to the horde!
                        Doc

Comment

• Mudder500
                          Unwashed
                          • Oct 2017

BFT any more barrel updates? Ready to assemble my new toy 👍

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

U P D A T E : Pat says gonna be a week later than previous estimate: "It looks like I was mistaken on the previous timeline I gave you. I did not account for the fact that our Nitride supplier would be shut down all last week for the holiday, so your F12s and F18s both went to nitride this week. That puts them back here at the end of next week and probably another half of a week for assembly and final QC."
                            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Mudder500
                              Unwashed
                              • Oct 2017

Well darn after season gun looks like. I'll just have carry it in the boat. Lol

Comment

• Torquaholic
                                Bloodstained
                                • Nov 2017

Barrel extension is M4 style; can we get the Faxon Match type extension with Nickel Teflon coating?

Comment

Working...
                                X