Bit by the Grendel Bug building 20 inch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Djamiller
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2016

Looks great, how long is that hand guard? Im planning on going with a 20inch barrel myself, can't decide what length hand guard to get, leaning toward an 18inch MI. Are you happy with the Odinworks barrel? I keep going back and forth between that and the PF, I found the Odin for $400 with a bcg and gas block so that's what I'm leaning toward.

Comment

• diddlyv
      Warrior
      • Aug 2016

It is a 15 inch Rousch Sports Ultra Slim Key Mod for 69.24. I like the barrel, it shot sub moa with 123 SST factory ammo. I did true the Aero Precision Upper with the brownell tool and 600 grit lapping compound AL oxide. Used blue loctite to bed the barrel. It was such a nice close fit, the loctite may have actually acted as a lube to let everything slide in better. Greased the threads with some moly lithium super AR builders grease my Niece's husband had on his bench. Conditioned the threads by tightening to approx 30 ft lbs then loosening 3 times. Then use shims torqued and saw where the handguard lined up. One corner on the barrel nut had to be straight up, ended up using all 3 shims but it is alligned perfectly and well over 30 lbs of torque but no where near 80 as I am not strong enough to torque that tight with an 8 inch cresent. I used high temp white loctite on the gas block and red on the GB set screws. I got the upgraded adjustable gas block (set screw) had meant to order the clamp on but clicked the wrong place and did not realize it. Reviewed initial order receipt and sure enough they sent what I ordered. Had I caught it and called they would have fixed it I am sure.

The workmanship on the barrel is first rate. Love the nitrided BCG. I don't think you will go wrong with the Odin Barrel. The people here who admit to having them all say they shoot very well.
      Queen of Battle
      Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2016

Gorgeous rifle!

Comment

Working...
        X