• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hillbilly6.5
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2016

Really hot brass?

Yesterday at the range I noticed the Grendel brass was very hot after being fired. I do not mean (what I would consider normal) warm or hot but scalding hot after being fired. I did not have a way to measure the exact temp. of the brass when I was on the range but it was too hot to handle for a bit after being fired. Looking at the brass now back in the shop it does not show any signs of over pressure. Is this normal for you guys to have brass this hot?
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Yes, i have the same thing. I've had brass land next to my arm while shooting and have later had blisters/burns from the brass. Be carefull out there..

Comment

• Hillbilly6.5
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2016

Thanks Kikn, it is good to know someone else out there has the same experience.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

You haven't lived unless a 45 ACP case from the next lane slips down your neck!

Shouldn't try to catch the stuff bare handed either...you might succeed and regret it. (Don't ask me how I know!)
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Or 5.56 hot brass caught by your glasses frame!

Comment

• JASmith
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2014

Owww!!!
            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
            -- Author Unknown

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Not the best test for reaction time but there is a real incentive to be quick!

Comment

• JASmith
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2014

Yup! Hurts more than the bumblebee that got between my goggles and cheekbone.

She was already annoyed by the string trimmer, but let the sting fly when I tried brushing her off through the goggles.
                shootersnotes.com

-- Author Unknown

Comment

• diddlyv
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2016

The cowboy action ladies often get the brass down the cleavage. Thus far non have accepted my offer to help remove.
                  Queen of Battle
                  Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

Working...
                  X