• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

New Copper Cavity Back Bullets for 6.5mm

Been following the development of some new all-copper bullets on the market that may be of interest to the Horde.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• SDguy
      Warrior
      • Oct 2015

Fairly good web site for a start up.

I for one would like to know more about the special alloy material. Is this a 5% Zink alloy for example? a photo of 3 fired bullets that have expanded in media (ballistic jell or H2O) at say 1700, 2200 & 2700 feet per second would be great as well.

Thanks For sharing.

Comment

• m796rider
        Warrior
        • Jul 2011

Comment

• cory
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2012

How deep does the cavity go? The cavity alone shouldn't affect the BC. However, I suspect it would have an effect on how pressure builds. Going to deep could affect the structural integrity.
          "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by m796rider View Post
            I have to wonder what that cavity does to the aerodynamics of the bullet.
            There is an explanation on the site. I read it yesterday. I'm not an engineer so it didn't mean much to me.

Try this
            COPPER BULLETS COPPER PROJECTILES HUNTING BULLETS NONLEAD PROJECTILES AMMO AMMUNITION
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

The dude has been following my lead. Ahhhhhh, finally -I get a break in the designing action.... I care not who makes cool pills--- I'm done as a maker of them., for now....

Most boat propellers have 3-4-5 blades on them. 3 is common for small to midsize engines.

Gmx has 6, Barnes 4. As for bullets.) 3- Is a true chopper effect-

The key was not to go too deep into the center of base of bullet- drilled or cast in there. Many ways to make pills.

I do have the same pill idea with solid rocket fuel in the hollow base, to use with a muzzleloader with the spark ignition system- anyone??/?------

I'm semi retired this week on this bullet stuff. I'll always be here, yet no more test samples will be available from me.,, well maybe next year-

Make sense to all ?

I'm taking this Monday off from work , to go fishing with Blade2. This and the new cool news coming after shot show on Grrr ammo, should cement this round for the future. OOOOOPlah!

I've done a ton of work behind the scenes to help promote this round--- no monetary gain at all. Didn't ask for any.

I'll be staying on here till death do us part,,,, yet less time is to be spent on the forum. New products, ideas -etc. are my newest focus.
              Last edited by sneaky one; 10-08-2016, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2013

Sneakyone, I always get a kick out of your posts. Sometimes I have to read them 2-3 times

I get the feeling your brain is always running 100 mph how do you get it shut down to sleep. I use whiskey .

I for one am gonna miss all the ideas you have been working on with the lighter pills. Thank you.
                Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• diddlyv
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2016

question has any one shot these bullets? Sound pretty interesting.
                  Wondering how they shoot. Accuracy and velocities compared to the other 120 grain ish copper offerings.
                  Queen of Battle
                  Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• am4966
                    Chieftain
                    • Jul 2014

Ahh yes seem these shot out of the 6.8 by Lone Star Boars, so I looked to see if they made any in 6.5mm and they do. Both the 105 and 118gr weights really have my full interest. I believe Lone Star had about an extra grain or two until he would have a compressed load. Anyways look for him on YouTube and it was his last video or close to last.
                    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• PredatorDown
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2014

I've actually got a box of the 118's sitting next to me right now. I was contacted and asked to verify how they shoot long range, and he promptly sent me out a box. I'm planning on doing a side by side test between them, my pet load with 123amax, and factory amax as well. I'll for sure test at 1000 yards, and if I have any left I'll send them through the transonic phase (around 1200yds for me) and hopefully push to 1400 or so

Comment

• SDguy
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by PredatorDown View Post
                        I've actually got a box of the 118's sitting next to me right now. I was contacted and asked to verify how they shoot long range, and he promptly sent me out a box. I'm planning on doing a side by side test between them, my pet load with 123amax, and factory amax as well. I'll for sure test at 1000 yards, and if I have any left I'll send them through the transonic phase (around 1200yds for me) and hopefully push to 1400 or so
                        Additionally may / we request a capture of the bullet? Water jugs for example used to understand the true nature as to how this bullet performs at various velocities in term of expansion and holding together. Surprised you mutually decided to go the 118 grain option in the Grendel.

Their website seemed to promote the lighter offering for the Grendel. Look forward to seeing your results.

What Propellant are you leaning towards for this application?

Comment

• PredatorDown
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by SDguy View Post
                          Additionally may / we request a capture of the bullet? Water jugs for example used to understand the true nature as to how this bullet performs at various velocities in term of expansion and holding together. Surprised you mutually decided to go the 118 grain option in the Grendel.

Their website seemed to promote the lighter offering for the Grendel. Look forward to seeing your results.

What Propellant are you leaning towards for this application?
                          I'll throw some jugs behind the targets while I'm doing a quick load work up, thanks for the idea. I wonder how many it'll take to stop it lol. Don't have enough rounds to do a full work up at different velocities though. They're claiming 1600fps expansion, but I won't be able to test it down below what it'll be at 100 yards with around a 2500fps muzzle velocity

I'm planning on using AR-Comp, for two main reasons. One, it performs really well in my rifle and gives respectable velocities. Two, it is a fairly compressed load, which is one of the things they said they designed this bullet for. To not take up as much case capacity with cartridges like the Grendel

Comment

• SDguy
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2015

My gut tells me 4 jugs will do it. Look forward to your report.

Comment

• JASmith
                              Chieftain
                              • Sep 2014

Not sure 4 jugs is enough.

How many jugs would need for the 100 gr TTSX?
                              shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                              -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

Working...
                              X