X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDguy
    Warrior
    • Oct 2015

Would 5 jugs offer enough safety factor? or a pail of sand after the 5th water jug. Last thing I wish to do is make this complicated.

Comment

• JASmith
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SDguy View Post
      Would 5 jugs offer enough safety factor? or a pail of sand after the 5th water jug. Last thing I wish to do is make this complicated.
      I have seen all-copper bullets in that weight class go 36-40 inches in water and still have enough oomph to put a serious dent in wood.

4 jugs and the pail will likely work with the sand back-up. Check the captured bullet against the exit hole in the 4th jug.

Chances are it won't have appreciably changed shape in the sand.

Ironically, the higher velocities will generally give less penetration in water / gel because the bullet expands more.
      shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
      -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• diddlyv
        Warrior
        • Aug 2016

Eagerly awaiting the range report.
        Queen of Battle
        Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2016

^^^^^

Me too.

Comment

• rickOshay
            Warrior
            • Apr 2012

Have them loaded up and ready to shoot ballistic gel as soon as weather and work permit.

Comment

• PredatorDown
              Warrior
              • Jun 2014

Rick I'll let you do the expansion tests then, I've never tried before so I'm not sure how good of a job I'd do lol.

Hoping to get some loaded up this week and try 1000+ yards this weekend with my batch

Comment

• rickOshay
                Warrior
                • Apr 2012

PD - we need some long range accuracy tests for these too. So your work will be really valuable. Can you include the 100 gr TTSX as a comparison?

Comment

• PredatorDown
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2014

I would if I had any on hand or available locally. I just hope I have enough left for a quick load work up and to get a good idea on LR capabilities. My cousin had an elk hunt, so we loaded some of them up for him to hopefully get a performance test on large game

Comment

Working...
                  X