• CrisAnderson27
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2016

Sorry for all the pictures lol...but I think the thing is pretty wicked

Comment

• danm
      Warrior
      • Aug 2014

That's nice, I was just going to use the KAK mini but I might change my mind after those pics... BTW, range report???!!!

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2016

Haha, the parts aren't here yet!! Those photos are advertisements on the eBay ad, lol.

It's a great looking little brake right?!

Comment

• lead chucker
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by CrisAnderson27 View Post
          Thanks guys!

lead chucker...any chance you have any video of it suppressed and unsuppressed? Also, what length can are you using? I'm very seriously considering running this pistol suppressed...but a 9.5" can off the muzzle kind of defeats the 'short barrel' concept, lol...so I'm undecided. I mean, at that point, it's the same length as my 20" hunting rifle with the brake!
          Cris Ill try to get some video soon, dont have any at the moment. Some of the guys and I are gona try and get together next weekend and shoot some. Im using a TBAC ultra 7 on it. Short and light and works great on the 12" barrel. It balances very well with the light TBAC, easy to carry.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2016

Good lord suppressors are expensive!! I just looked that one up. Nice unit...but wow...the price!!

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2016

Well, the upper and lower receiver, and the gas tube came in today. I was delayed on the lower of course, so it'll be Saturday before that's ready to pick up. The bolt, charging handle, and upper kit will come in tomorrow....so I can start on the upper .

Anderson stripped upper receiver all freshly unpackaged! First step will be to square the barrel mount face to the bolt.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2016

All mounted up in an upper receiver jig, then clamped into my bench vise.

The barrel squaring tool...and the tool oiled and inserted into the bore.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2016

You can see in the video how far off square the face of the barrel mount was. I can't believe that having that mount so far off of square wouldn't have some kind of effect on things...but the truth is I still don't know if it makes any difference. That said, I figure I need all the help I can get lol...so in the end it's cheap insurance.
                  Last edited by CrisAnderson27; 10-11-2016, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2016

You can see the difference in the face of the mount in this picture and the initial pictures. Again, I don't know how much difference it makes, but in all of my years making things...I've never seen something as precision as a semi automatic rifle that wasn't affected by poor tolerances in what seems to me to be a rather critical mating surface.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2016

So! Parts remaining to receive:

Coming tomorrow:
                      Anderson Stainless Lower Kit: $39.00 - www.aimsurplus.com
                      Strike Standard Charging Handle: $17.99 - www.primaryarms.com
                      Anderson Upper Parts Kit: $19.99 - www.primaryarms.com
                      Guntec Pistol Buffer Tube - $39.99 - www.aimsurplus.com
                      Kak Shockwave Blade: $49.95 - www.primaryarms.com
                      Anderson M16 7.62x39 w Bolt : $129.00 - www.primaryarms.com
                      Linear Machined Muzzle Brake: $79.00 - www.ebay.com

And coming Thursday:
                      BHW Adjustable Gas Block: $0.00 - www.blackholeweaponry.com
                      BHW 12.5" Barrel: $290.00 - www.blackholeweaponry.com

I'll build the upper and put it together with my other Anderson lower (with the buffer tubes swapped of course...I'm taking the rifle tube off that gun tonight) on Thursday...at which point the pistol will be complete. Then over the weekend I'll rebuild the 20" gun with the newly assembled lower that came in today.

I also ordered 500 rounds of Wolf to run through it so I don't blow $1.05 a round SST's playing.

Fun stuff .

Comment

• lead chucker
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by CrisAnderson27 View Post
                        Good lord suppressors are expensive!! I just looked that one up. Nice unit...but wow...the price!!
                        Yea the TBACs arn't cheap but they are worth it. The SilencerCo Omega is a great can also, and for the money hard to beat! Iv always wanted a TBAC so I went that route, but I thought hard about the Omega.

Looks like you've got your project well underway! You should be pleased with it if it shoots like mine, tack driver!

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2016

Lol...all those companies sure are proud of their suppressors!! $1100!!

On my pistol...it's almost all here! Today was the upper including the BCG, and refitting the lower with the Guntec tube and KAK Shockwave. Tomorrow's the barrel...and the pistol should be completed. My Wolf ammo comes in Saturday (just got the tracking notification AFTER I completed the pistol lower lol)...and I'll be assembling the lower for my 20" gun again Saturday as well...so maybe I'll get out to the range to fire a few magazines Sunday.

I'll have to dig out my Caldwell chrono (only used for archery prior to this lol) and see if there's anything interesting I can share .

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2016

Well! I got the barrel, and all of my other accessories (less the foregrip and the tac light holder) today! Soooo, of course I put it all together .

BHW .264LBC barrel. Definitely quality work.

As a side note...a pat on the back to the person who correctly guesses what those two pieces of bone are above the barrel in the photo lol.

A bit of anti-seize for clean torque reading.

Overall, the upper went together perfectly. Barrel nut lined up at 55lb/ft (a bit higher actually, taking into consideration the extra leverage from the armorer's tool), and the bargain handguard actually assembled more smoothly than my ALG unit did. I was quite impressed.
                            Last edited by CrisAnderson27; 10-14-2016, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2016

Length comparison between the Grendel pistol and the 16" ArmaLite M15A4. I was surprised at how little difference in appearance 4" of barrel length made. Looking closely at the picture I can see they're not quite lined up perfectly which I'm sure adds to the illusion of length on the pistol.

Funny thing is, they both weigh in right at 8.2lbs with a full magazine lol. The pistol is no lightweight for sure.

And the completed gun with the flash hider (which came in the mail immediately after I finished assembling everything else lol). Overall it's a nice looking firearm if I do say so myself! Going to swing by AZFirearms tomorrow and see if they will drop a go/no go gauge in it for me to make sure the head space is right. If all goes well, I'll be taking it out Saturday/Sunday for some range time .

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                                Bloodstained
                                • Sep 2016

In another forum I was asked to show a few more pictures of the brake. The thing is absolutely quality work...and while it's substantially bigger than it seemed in the original pictures, it's also substantially higher quality. Which, for the price I paid...is as it should be.

All in all it's pretty nice I think. It would look better I think, if the handguard crept up over it and it filled a bit of the gap instead of the plug that came with it. All in all though, I'm not complaining!

Comment

Working...
                                X