• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Amtac suppressor customer service.

I've been in the market for a suppressor for what feels like a year now. I've done tons of research, made flash cards to compare, and in the end none of it really mattered because i had not been able to hear any of the suppressors first hand.

Per allot of recommendations on this site i made dozens of attempts over the last couple months to demo a silencerco omega. I called every class 3 dealer within about 50 miles of my house and eventually called silencerco who told me good luck.

A friend sent me a link to a youtube video of the amtac suppressors and i really liked what i saw. The brush i hunt in South Florida is pretty thick so putting a 7 or 9" suppressor at the end of my 16" AA barrel just seemed to defeat the purpose of building a short brush gun. The amtac suppressor only adds 3.7"of length to your rifle. Now back to the problem of being able to demo. I went to amtacs website to locate a dealer but the dealer locator was not working. I typed out a paragraph on their contact page last Saturday asking if there was a place i could demo. I put in my zip code hoping they would find a store near me. Well Monday afternoon i received a phone call from Greg at Amtac. Greg told me he was in Daytona Beach at the Big 3 East media event so he didn't have access to his dealer lists. He said he saw that i lived in Florida and then he invited me to come to Daytona Beach where they have all of there suppressors on multiple rifles that i could come test out. I jumped on the opportunity and 2 days later drove to Daytona Beach (last Wednesday just before hurricane Matthew). I had a blast. I shot their new 9mm suppressor on a full auto ar. I shot 556, 300blk, and they also had a bolt 308 that i watched someone else shoot but wasnt interested in myself. All shooting was completely hearing safe as the shooter and standing on both sides as others shot. Talking to the guys at amtac they were very clear that putting a 7" or 9" can at the end of your barrel would be quieter but that's not what they are selling. Their product is a hearing safe can that only adds 3.7" of length and brings the weight of the can back instead of further away from you.

Overall i was super impressed with their customer service. Their cans were as advertised. I will definitely be purchasing one.
  • wraith1516
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

I'm assuming it is a reflex design

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Comment

• James Gray
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2016

That's a sweet design

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

Can't tell you how glad I am you posted this!! I have zero in interest in suppressing my Grendel, as I like to keep my AR as light as possible, and the few times I did shoot a suppressed AR I was getting blow back in my face and it made a horrific mess with a DI setup (very well could have been the type of suppressor, AAC SDN-6) but I've been shopping for one for my 26" 260 Rem, and I DON'T want to add another 6-9" on the end of it. I made a post on SnipersHide asking a out the Amtac sniper, reflex style suppressor with 0 replies, and nobody seemed to have much knowledge about them until your post.

I know you weren't interested in the bolt gun they had, but can you offer any feedback on how it sounded or did they mention any "walking" or POI shifts?

Comment

• Djamiller
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2016

That's pretty awesome, good to see a company with that level of service. I didn't know short suppressors like that even existed, sounds like a great alternative to traditional long suppressors for hunting.

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

When i was there they were shooting the 308 bolt action with subsonic ammo and it literally sounded like a bb gun. They had supersonic ammo but i was not around to hear it shot. Sorry i can't answer your question about your 260.

Comment

Working...
              X