X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwh
    Warrior
    • Jun 2014

I've tried remington 7 1/2, cci 450, cci br4 and cci 41 primers. The only powder I saw a difference with between br4 and 450 with was leverevolution. In that case the 450 made a big difference, possibly because the extra spark did a better job of igniting the fine ball powder. I've found CCI 41 and 450 primers to be almost identical in load development. Lately I've been shooting VIHT N133 with 108 gr scenars with CCI 41 primers and getting excellent results, although I get similar results with BR4. I see lower ES with the 450 or the 41 primers and the BR4 primers cost more. I also like leverevolution with berger 130 gr tactical bullets and 450 primers but the groups are bigger (3/4 moa at 200 yards). For anything inside 300 yards N133 with 108 gr scenars is the best load I've ever come across for accuracy.

I used to load hot until I broke my 3rd bolt and ruined a batch of brass that turned belted when I resized them. I am convinced that if you see even the slightest pressure sign on a grendel case your load is too hot. I use loads that leave the primer nice and round and the brass unstretched. I have not broken a bolt in 4000 rounds (knock on wood).
    Last edited by rwh; 10-19-2016, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X