• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rickc
    Warrior
    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
    From what I read they changed the material the rod that the runs through the spring and the lil polymer end peice is a different size but they work the same. I have the gen 1 upgraded with the weights and spring kit, so basically it is now a gen 2.

They not only allow you to fine tune your gas more but makes the action run much smoother and no spring noise when you let off a round.

There should be some info on JP website to explain the difference better then I can.
    yep

I am going to try the one in my grendel H2 Gen II in my 6mm AR turbo 40. That Spprrooonnngggg sound is very aggravating. If it runs fine with the SCS I will buy one just to stop the sound.

Comment

• Mindreader1
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2016

Oh gen 1 did not have the h2 buffers?

Comment

• Rickc
        Warrior
        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Mindreader1 View Post
        Oh gen 1 did not have the h2 buffers?
        All you have to do to make.a.gen 1 h2 is change out one of the steel weights for the tungsten one

Comment

• 82HALO
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

I plan on trying the new Geissele buffer spring and buffer. Read a few posts about it ant they where favorable!

Comment

• Mindreader1
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2016

Originally posted by 82HALO View Post
            I plan on trying the new Geissele buffer spring and buffer. Read a few posts about it ant they where favorable!
            Let us know how it works. I think their spring internal diameter is proprietary so they lock you into their owm buffers. With H2 buffer from them you are looking at almost 80$ and the spring would technically still touch the inside of the tube.

Comment

• 82HALO
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

Actually this was discussed on another forum and it can be opened and can add weights to bring it to the weight you choose.

Comment

• hikfromstik
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

Mine is the jpgs8 .936 low profile 2 piece . I have it loctited up . I haven't loctite the barrel and gas block . I gonna carry it to our local gunsmith to do the threading . That's something I don't feel comfortable doing myself.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

You've always been able to tailor the JP SCS to the spring weight and buffer weight of your choice.
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                  X