Anyone get a stamp approved under the new rules yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1911man
    Warrior
    • May 2015

Anyone get a stamp approved under the new rules yet?

I created a trust earlier this year and bought all of the parts to make my form 1 suppressor before the new rules came into effect but just could not find the time due to work. I actually tried the day before the rule kicked in but the ATF site was down probably due to other procrastinators like myself.

So has anyone gone through this process successfully yet? How bad was it?
  • Les
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Might want to check out www.nfatracker.com
    Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

I've got a Form 4 on a Trust that has been pending since March 21st (old rules). I seriously doubt they'll be anyone to answer this question for several months. Sorry man.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• 1911man
        Warrior
        • May 2015

Originally posted by Les View Post
        Might want to check out www.nfatracker.com
        Thank you very much for that resource.

Comment

• 1911man
          Warrior
          • May 2015

Originally posted by cory View Post
          I've got a Form 4 on a Trust that has been pending since March 21st (old rules). I seriously doubt they'll be anyone to answer this question for several months. Sorry man.
          Dang almost 7 months, that sucks. Last year I knew quite a few guys who got theirs back in around 4 months or so. I guess volume is up this year.

Comment

• keystone183
            Warrior
            • Mar 2013

It is my understanding that..........volume is through the roof, and if you were dumb like me and waited till the end of June to get your applications in, you will probably be in for a wait of around 12 months. There were posts made on various forums by silencer shop with boxes, and boxes, AND BOXES of forms they were sending to atf there near close. I would get my stuff in now, and then not be in any sort of rush....

Comment

• keystone183
              Warrior
              • Mar 2013

LONG LONG wait..........

Comment

• 1911man
                Warrior
                • May 2015

Goodness, that is crazy. I will hold off for a while then. I dont have time to get my finger prints done anyway.

Comment

• Les
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2016

I called yesterday, lady said they've been averaging 8 months, my first was received on 5-02 (Processing)
                  Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• neenjuh
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2015

I just got my stamp Friday that was submitted at the end of February.

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Just got my Form 4 approved last week. I'm waiting for it to get to my dealer.
                      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• am4966
                        Chieftain
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by 1911man View Post
                        Goodness, that is crazy. I will hold off for a while then. I dont have time to get my finger prints done anyway.
                        I know you don't have time, but id make time and get your stuff turned in. If not you'll just keep putting weeks on the processing time. I waited and waited under old system, it went from 30 days or so to 4 months. Silencer Shop has machines out there that will do finger printing and other stuff. I'd see if you can get a digital copy of prints from them.
                        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Butcher
                          Unwashed
                          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
                          I know you don't have time, but id make time and get your stuff turned in. If not you'll just keep putting weeks on the processing time. I waited and waited under old system, it went from 30 days or so to 4 months. Silencer Shop has machines out there that will do finger printing and other stuff. I'd see if you can get a digital copy of prints from them.
                          ^^^this^^^

I can't see times getting any shorter anytime soon.

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2016

Nope, the "good" thing is that although the wait sucks whether it was 30 days 3 months or a year... once you have your first one; it makes the wait for the second a little more bearable,

Comment

• Flyguy11
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Use the Silencer Shop machines; if your NFA dealer does not have one or is not getting one; change NFA dealers. I am now on the first pending and NFA tracker is saying expect 9 months to 1 year (old rules). The sooner you get in your paperwork the shorter the wait. Basically with NFA you buy, submit paperwork, and for get about it for 6 months; then check on it. The ATF system is antiquated and despite record NFA sales the ATF has yet to hire more folks or improve the system. I wish they would go back to e-file and does it really take 30 days for an FBI background check?

Short Version: Support the Hearing Protection Act of 2015! If approve it would go like this: (1.) Buy suppressor (2.) Fill out ATF Form 4473 (3.) Get approved and go to the range.

Comment

Working...
                              X