• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AV8B
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2016

New from Texas

New to the grendel family, took me a few weeks of reseaching both the 6.8 SPC and the 6.5 grendel to find the one i would be happy with. Just ordered the 18" light weight from Alexander Arms. This will be an all around rifle, hunting/target. I do have a question for the reloaders out there and i have searched but no real answer was found. So i have read that there has been a few issues with certain dies reguarding the sholder of the case, i have also read the hornady dies and the hornady shell holder is a fairly decent setup. Well i have a dillon 550B and cannot to my knowledge use the hornady shell holder. So for the guys that use the dillon to reload the grendel have you had any issues? what dies would you recomend to use with the dillon? I also have a old Herters single stage i can use if need be, that thing weighs a ton. Thanks in advance.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the Forum AV8B, gotta ask if your a Harrier jockey, if so thank you for your Service! I can't help you on the Dillon but someone else might chime in. You might also start a thread in ammunition and loading section.

Comment

• AV8B
      Unwashed
      • Oct 2016

Not so much a Jockey I have flown them in the sim though. I was a engine mech on the harrier from 2004-2013 stationed out in Yuma Az. I am currently a F35 engine mech, just signed for another 4yr tour so who knows where I will go next. Yeah I have been searching in that part of the forum and reading as much as I can. Lots of information all over the place here, I have a feeling most of my spare time will turn into Grendel time.

Comment

• BigStickSmoker
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by AV8B View Post
        So for the guys that use the dillon to reload the grendel have you had any issues? what dies would you recomend to use with the dillon? I also have a old Herters single stage i can use if need be, that thing weighs a ton. Thanks in advance.
        Welcome to the Horde!

I use the Redding dies in my Dillon 550B and have had no issues with the die set up itself. Operator error caused a minor issue but once the operator got that squared away it was all easy peasy.

Comment

• Kilco
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2016

Welcome to the forum! Please keep us posted on your build and range results!

Comment

• Texas
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2016

Welcome to the Horde.

You will be pleased with the Grendel performance in the AR15 package

Comment

• AV8B
              Unwashed
              • Oct 2016

Thats great, the more i read the more i hear of guys using the Redding dies. That looks like the route i will be going.

Comment

Working...
              X