• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Reloading Handbooks Vol I & Vol II New Print Updates

We just started a new print run of Volume I (4th Printing) and Volume II (2nd Printing).

No changes were made to Volume I from the 3rd Printing, which includes the updated Western Powders data from 2014.

Some slight changes were made to Volume II.

We fixed a small typo on page 48 referring to figure 6.7 when it should have been figure 6.6, and we added some load data for the 95gr Lehigh Defense Controlled Chaos, as well as the 129gr Nosler Accubond Long Range.

We recently burned through all of our Volume I and Volume II stock, and timed the printing to coincide with sales of the last units in inventory so nothing would skip a beat for you too badly.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Folks,

If your library does include one or both of these, I highly recommend getting them. Not only do they save you time developing your own loads, they provide some seriously useful ballistic information for both the hunter and the long range shooter.

So you say that you've got your pet load worked up? Good deal. What happens when your favorite pill is unavailable due to, oh, let's say THE GUN PANIC OF 2013?! (Cue dramatic "Dah, duh dahhh!")

You scour the shelves and all you find is 85 gr Sierra HP Varminter. That happened to me and I found a great starting load for my H322 in the back of Volume 2.

LRRPF52, I look forward to an update which includes some of the newer projos from Hornady and Berger.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

I have got to get my hands on these.. the terminal study with different velocities is very interesting.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

I concur^!
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

When can we order these new printings?
          If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• JASmith
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2014

As soon as you can hit the "send button" !!
            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Try this: http://bfy.tw/8biQ

or this: www.AR15buildbox.com
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Thanks, guys. Some things are just too easy for me to figure out by myself ...
                If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• Flyguy11
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

Long over due for me to order. Just ordered.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Flyguy11 View Post
                    Long over due for me to order. Just ordered.
                    Sent. Thanks for the order!

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• kmon
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2015

Well worth the $ IMO. To the guys that put all that work into these books a big THANK YOU!!!!

Lots of work there and some of the best information about any cartridge I have seen.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                        Well worth the $ IMO. To the guys that put all that work into these books a big THANK YOU!!!!

Lots of work there and some of the best information about any cartridge I have seen.
                        Thanks for the feedback and kind words. We couldn't have done it without the help and contributions from fellow forum members, so we thank everyone for sharing here on the forum.

We really wanted a set of handbooks that spoke to the layman, while also pushing into some of the technical areas of internal, external, and terminal ballistics that could be understood by a wide range of shooters, to include those who don't reload but want to know where they have expansion out to, some of the nuances with the AR15 and this cartridge, and other things to consider that have already been tested and tried in the real world.

The thing that has really stuck out to me is that I refer to the handbooks regularly myself, even though I am painfully familiar with every page from an editing and proof-reading standpoint, working with the other authors, industry partners, and printers.

This idea started off as a PM to a few forum members back several years ago, and took about a year of work before we had Volume I ready to go to the printer. I remember getting the first proof, opening the package, and realizing that this was going to exceed my expectations in the way it turned out.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Nick
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2014

Got vol ll in the mail yesterday. Crazy fast shipping, you put amazon prime to shame! Thank you

Comment

• Ed Baker
                            Bloodstained
                            • Dec 2016

Got both books yesterday and have enjoyed the info contained in each volume. Very easy read! Thanks for all the work that went into them!
                            Ed

Comment

• cb4017
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2016

Just got mine in the mail Saturday. Well worth it if you're a fan of the 6.5 Grendel. Maybe even if you're not..
                              Cliff
                              USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Dues Vult

Comment

Working...
                              X