• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrazy-Chris
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by kb18no1 View Post
    Mr. Geisselle has said to grease your trigger and not to clean. Over time the gun powder residue and grease will polish and improve the trigger.... basically the same as adding a metal polish like flitz.
    I can confirm this with my experience - I have an SSA in a beat-around rifle that gets shot a lot more than the precision rig I have an SSA-E in. After the couple thousands rounds of "break in," the SSA feels very similar to the SSA-E.

Comment

• Josh
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2016

Comment

• kbarnes12
        Warrior
        • Nov 2011

Rock River Arms Hi-Rise Cantilever Scope Mount sits higher than PEPR, less expensive than PEPR and made in the USA. It also leaves a little money left over to spend on some trigger work.
        sigpic
        Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

Geissele announced their black Friday deal. They are doing 30% off on ssa-e trigger bringing it to $168. The larue mbt is $125. Do you think the geissele is worth the extra $43?

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

I'd go with the mount. A gritty trigger can be mitigated to some degree by proper technique. A poorly aligned or positioned scope can only be mitigated by introducing unwanted movement and/or pressure at the shooter's cheek weld. Doing so will prevent you from developing good technique, and possibly lead to bad shooting habits. Consistency is the key to accuracy and with a bad cheek weld you will seldom achieve it.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

I just got the NightForce Unimount blem from Midway for $181.

It's my favorite one-piece base for the AR15 now.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Retro
                Warrior
                • Jul 2016

There is also a $10 grip screw that I sell online that takes all of the creep and travel out of the trigger for a shorter pull and crisper break on the trigger. This combined with polishing the hammer and trigger surfaces make for a cheap but great trigger.

Comment

• just_john
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2012

Scope mounts! Ditto per several above - if you can't sight comfortably / properly nothing works well! You can fix the much of the trigger with a little time and a set screw ( 50 cents at HD ). Probably, the dis-comfort with the sighting process makes you more aware or any other real or perceived shortcomings ( such as spring noise ). When everything else is working well, you won't notice the spring, you will be too fixated on the successes that the other improvements have made.

Comment

• Lightning8
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2015

Aero one piece scope mount off eBay = $80 or so with shipping - maybe cheaper. There have been multiple "used" Aero scope mounts cheap on eBay this week. AIM Surplus has the Rise 140 AR trigger for about $100 this week - I just put one in AR and seems nice but have not shot it yet. The ALG QMS with JP springs is a nice economical trigger. I would save the spring for last - also, put some grease on the existing spring and it will reduce the noise.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Retro View Post
                      There is also a $10 grip screw that I sell online that takes all of the creep and travel out of the trigger for a shorter pull and crisper break on the trigger. This combined with polishing the hammer and trigger surfaces make for a cheap but great trigger.
                      Where can I find the ones you sell? I've seen the one from Joe Bob's...but if I can support a forum member instead I will. I'd been debating whether to get one (or two or three or four lol) of them anyway.

Comment

• Bigs28
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2016

I bought the larue trigger on black Friday sale for $99. I have not been able to find any 1 piece mounts that fits my current scope. Nikon p223 3x32 so I'm just going to get some rings. I will eventually get a better scope and a mount

Comment

• Retro
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2016

ChrisAnderson27 My add is under the seller name of jake-jane. The screw is marked down to $9 or $10 with an allen wrench.
                          Originally posted by CrisAnderson27 View Post
                          Where can I find the ones you sell? I've seen the one from Joe Bob's...but if I can support a forum member instead I will. I'd been debating whether to get one (or two or three or four lol) of them anyway.

Comment

• jim_bob
                            Warrior
                            • Jul 2014

Scope mount!

Comment

• Red
                              Unwashed
                              • Dec 2016

Mount first then trigger IMHO. Velocity makes very nice drop in 3lb triggers for around $135.00 shipped if you shop for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X