X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robertc1024
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

I'm on another very active gun forum that had religious postings that inevitably ended badly and were finally forbidden. It took a few "timeouts" for some to reign it in, but it has been more civil since. I appreciate that the mods here nip it in the bud.

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Hey, if religion is a big part of your life it's unsurprising you might think there's more to Donald Trump becoming president than votes. Whether you see him as somewhere between a Messiah and a businessman doesn't change the fact that he's better for your guns than the other one. That's surely a relief - I agree with Stan however, how much better is yet to be seen. Personally I don't trust politicians anywhere in the world.

Now, let's talk about something else...Abortion... (Woah!...only joking ;-)

Comment

• 204 AR
        Warrior
        • Sep 2015

Yes one must always remain vigilant. But in particular when you hear Donald Jr speak about shooting, you can tell he gets it. So that makes me believe things will be far better. Can't wait to see if they can get the Hearing Protection act passed! Exciting times for sure. And start allowing the importation of historic military arms again.

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Klem View Post
          Hey, if religion is a big part of your life it's unsurprising you might think there's more to Donald Trump becoming president than votes. Whether you see him as somewhere between a Messiah and a businessman doesn't change the fact that he's better for your guns than the other one. That's surely a relief - I agree with Stan however, how much better is yet to be seen. Personally I don't trust politicians anywhere in the world.
          Ditto. Especially when it's one who was anti-2A for many years, then suddenly proclaims himself to be pro-2A when seeking votes from gun folks.

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by 204 AR View Post
            Yes one must always remain vigilant. But in particular when you hear Donald Jr speak about shooting, you can tell he gets it. So that makes me believe things will be far better. Can't wait to see if they can get the Hearing Protection act passed! Exciting times for sure. And start allowing the importation of historic military arms again.
            I haven't heard Donald Jr speak, but I understand that he is an avid shooter, so that seems promising. However, being a skeptic by policy, I'm going to wait and see how things go under President Trump before I allow myself to get excited.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc
              I have never tried to silence believers. To the contrary, I have often willingly participated in discussions of religious topics. I only asked that you not speak for me and others who do not share your beliefs. If you wish to consider yourself a sinner, that's your prerogative, but please don't tell me that I am.
              Stan / Guys:

OK -- we got it.

And if anyone doesn't understand how Stan views religious beliefs, argue with Stan via private messaging.

LR55

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                I haven't heard Donald Jr speak, but I understand that he is an avid shooter, so that seems promising. However, being a skeptic by policy, I'm going to wait and see how things go under President Trump before I allow myself to get excited.
                He said when he saw the number of guns his sons have purchased, it scared him.

...and then he appointed one of them at the head of the unprecedented 2A coalition, which is already planning to go offensive with 2A issues, rather than defensive. Hearing Protection Act being one of the main things they are very likely to get through, which would remove suppressors from the NFA registry and process altogether.

There is talk of getting SBRs off the registry as well.

Trump also carries, and he has never been a politician before, and shoots from the hip with his ideas and positions, rather than conduct an internal focus group with scripts and fake positions like everyone else.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  Trump also carries, and he has never been a politician before, and shoots from the hip with his ideas and positions, rather than conduct an internal focus group with scripts and fake positions like everyone else.
                  The problem I have is that it's not really certain exactly what Trump's positions are on any subject, since they keep changing.

He now gets self-righteous about US companies transferring jobs to Mexico and other countries, yet Trump outsourced manufacture of his clothing line to, guess where -- Mexico, China, and other countries. And during the campaign he first said he was going to bring jobs back to this country, then a day or two later changed that to "bring jobs back to this hemisphere" -- i.e., Mexico.

He now says that he supports the right to own guns like the AR-15, but his position prior to running for President as a Republican was to oppose ownership of weapons like the AR-15. I can't help but think that his current stance is a con job, taken solely to gain the support of Republican voters.

So, the 2A coalition notwithstanding, I'm going to remain skeptical until I see action to match the words.

Comment

• keystone183
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2013

You guys are hijacking my thread!!!

Agree stan. Modifying (or completely changing) many of your beliefs (and party affiliation) in a lead up to a bid for political office........doesn't inspire confidence in your convictions.... But, we can always hope!!

Comment

Working...
                    X