• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolsofthetrade
    Warrior
    • May 2011

Step forward for Mi predator hunters

Spent most of my day yesterday driving in my truck driving (2hrs each way) or sitting in on meetings in Lansing at the DNRC meeting.
    This was my 1st time attending one of these, and I have to say, it was well ran. The commission listened and asked questions, the covered a lot of issues, deer, turkey, fish and more.
    I was there as a representative for Michigan Predator Hunters for Centerfire at Night along with Merle, Paul Cianciolo and Robert Shultz.
    I am happy to say that the commission unanimously voted to amend the proposal for center fire at night to include up to 6.5 caliber and eliminated the proposed restrictions on optics and lights.
    What that means is, the restrictions suggested (.229 caliber, no lights, no night vision below 2nd generation and no thermal) were removed and the proposal should be voted on early next month.
    The MPHFCAN group has been doing a great job, presents themselves professionally, and with logical fact based information for our cause.
    Also present were representatives from MUCC, MTPCA and others that voiced there support for this proposal amendment that was adopted.
    Good job by all, it was nice to see the process 1st hand and being part of making decisions to help make us be able to more humanely, effectively and safely harvest predators.
  • wraith1516
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Thank you for speaking for us to get to use centerfires at night now to get rid of the GOD DAMN antler point restrictions

Comment

Working...
    X