• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrazy-Chris
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Grendel gets it done

Used my new Grendel on my muley buck and a whitetail doe. I shot the buck twice very low and right behind the front leg from about 100yrds. On top of being very low, it was also a downward shot. In hindsight he was probably closer to 200yrds hence the low shots. He didn't move and I didn't feel like chasing him so I put another only a half inch away. He took two steps and fell. The bullets did a good job of expanding and causing enough damage to end him quickly. On the whitetail, I was riding around on an ATV around a windbreak looking for some freezer meat when she got up about 30yrds away. Of course, I had my scope turned all the way up like a dummy so the running shot wasn't great but I connected on the third try right before she ducked through the windbreak. Unfortunately I zipped her right through her tenderloins. She fell on the spot. The Grendel did the job and having the maneuverable semi auto definitely came in handy. 123sst factory ammo. I shot up a bunch of it at steel so now I have some brass to reload my own SSTs. Build thread is in the picture forum.

• montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Nice looking buck. The doe will be good eating too. Too bad about the tenderloins but it happens. Great pictures thank's for sharing.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Congrats!
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
      X