• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

LAR OPS-6.5 upper reciever

just ran across these from taftprecision.com in case anyone has wondered if any were ever made. Product Description

i have several of the LAR OPS-4 uppers made into both 556 and one in 458 SOCOM and they have an appeal that i can appreciate. i have been a fan of many LAR products and own several of the GRIZZLY 45 win mag pistols and when they were bought out by remington several years ago they had just started to produce a OPS 6.5 grendel rifle and i missed out on the few that left the factory. i had not yet been infected with grendel at that point. so now, i have 2 of these OPS-6.5 uppers and they make a very nice accurate rifle that has a uniqueness about it. check them out.
    Last edited by dammitman; 11-23-2016, 08:34 PM.
  • SG4247
    Warrior
    • Aug 2013

I have a couple of the OPS-6.5 and a bunch of the OPS-4.

They are superb! Use them on several long range builds with great success.

Like to have two more, just cant swing the price.
    NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
      Chieftain
      • May 2012

i have a billet ops 4 i used for my grendel build i think the must be running production on them again as midwayusa has one just like it in their ARstoner line up less the nickel finished big but only $240 http://www.midwayusa.com/product/872...emington-matte
      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• jonny rotton
        Warrior
        • Dec 2015

would this work for a lefty??

Comment

• dammitman
          Warrior
          • Dec 2012

You could charge it with your left hand, but it still ejects out the right

Comment

• jonny rotton
            Warrior
            • Dec 2015

will the brass hit my face?? i shoot everything else without a worry but a side charger really appeals to me for ease of charging using my right hand.

Comment

• ClichedUsername
              Bloodstained
              • May 2016

From everything that I have read, it is very unlikely that any brass will hit your face when shooting a right eject from your left shoulder.
              That being said, I am still attempting to build my first side charger. Right now I am getting frustrated with the cost of both a left handed build and most side charging uppers. At this point I am wondering how the LAR OPS can be twice as good as Midways' offering or the BCA side charger. Is it name value only? Or in my ignorance am I missing some detail?

Comment

Working...
              X