X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

KMM, yes, very excited to see someone try this. Hodgdon obviously tailors it for the .300 Blk, but also mentions 6.8 SPC and 7.62x39 in their advertising. With all warnings above duly noted, it still seems to me it's not too far off for a 65G-sized case.

I'm particularly intrigued that it can be used in the whole range of subs to supers in the .300 Blk. To me, that seems promising for the 65G.

I'm just not 100% impressed with powder companies these days. I don't feel Hodgdon has given the 6.5 Grendel reloading data their best effort. LEVERevolution remains largely unexplored by Hodgdon, for example, but we've found it to be surprisingly good in the heavier 65G weights, etc.
    Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• nuthead
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by HillclimberCR500 View Post
      Cfe blk. Supposed to be made for 300 blk burns a bit faster then cfe223
      Wonder if anyone is going to try this in the grendel.
      Or is cfe223 already on the fast side

Thoughts?

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...ll-cartridges/
      looking at the output from quickload it looks like CFE223 is a bit slow for the 123grainers (Z1 is higher than Pmax) and 8208 is just a hair too fast.

win748 looks very good in theory also
      Last edited by nuthead; 12-05-2016, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Quickload is notorious inaccurate in correctly predicting Grendel Loads. A few guys here have got it to work after some extensive tweaking.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• SDguy
          Warrior
          • Oct 2015

Cfe blk

Load data is out there now. Sadly no data offered for the Grendel at this time. Judging from the rest of the data I am sure this propellent will do well in the 6.5 Grendel with bullets less than 108 and likely the 108's as well.

Looking great for the 17 HH, 17 Fireball and the 7.62x39. Can't see why this will not have a place with the 6.5 Grendel as well.

Fairly sure I will be giving this a go in the coming year.

Comment

• HillclimberCR500
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2016

It's always nice to have another option even if it turns out not to be the best one

Comment

Working...
            X