• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brett A
    Bloodstained
    • May 2016

I may have to build a new Grendel!

Was hunting out of a tower blind with my daughter and some big Toms moved through quickly. She picked up my Grendel, due to it being the closest to her at the time, and busted one. The next day, same thing, except this time she picked up the Grendel by choice. We saw a nice buck on day three and she asked me for the Grendel. We didn't get the buck, but her preference between her .243 and my Grendel was obvious. I think I know what my next project will be.
    JR turkey.jpgJR turkey2.jpg
  • roo_ster
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2016

Brett:

A nice problem to have.

What bbl length on your Grendel?
    Regards,

roo_ster

"Drive Nature out with a pitchfork, she'll come right back, Victorious over your ignorant confident scorn."
    ----Horace

Comment

• Texas
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2016

She is a smart girl. So are you going to sell YOUR 243 to build YOUR Grendel?

Comment

• Brett A
        Bloodstained
        • May 2016

16".... I prefer the shorter barrel hunting. I rarely shoot over 300 yards.

Comment

• Brett A
          Bloodstained
          • May 2016

Originally posted by Texas View Post
          She is a smart girl. So are you going to sell YOUR 243 to build YOUR Grendel?
          Never... I'll just save up till I can buy the parts for the new gun.

Comment

• kmon
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2015

Congrats on the successful hunt, with a smart daughter.

I keep recommending the 6.5 Grendel as one of the best if not the best choices for youngsters for first deer rifles, what with its great blend of low recoil, enough energy, good trajectory and accuracy what's not to like.

Over on the Texashuntingforum the Grendel is getting a lot more attention lately partly in due to the Howa now being available. Now if they will just offer it with a youth stock.

Comment

• hikfromstik
              Warrior
              • Oct 2016

I just bought my 14yo daughter a Howa grendel for Christmas. I think with the release of the Howa 6.5 grendel we will see other companies follow and maybe more ammo varieties at lower prices . I would love to see a federal fusion msr or power shock for hunting and maybe a federal smk .

Comment

Working...
              X