New to reloading the Grendel and want some options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david7992
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2016

New to reloading the Grendel and want some options.

I am new to the forum and needing some options. I have some reloading questions. I have just recently started reloading the 6.5 and the 260 Remington. I have been using Varget for both. I have loaded the Grendel with 120 AMAX up to the 129gn. I just got a box of the 130gn ELD. Any opinions on a different powder for better performance? Also I have some 120 and 140gn Nosler that I had planned for the 260. Can or should I try the 140's in the Grendel? I just want some good target and hunting options. I currently have the Grendel in a AR platform and the Howa Mini Action. Any suggestions appreciated.
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

CFE223 and Leverevolution are 2 powders to look at. In the Grendel the 100s to 130s work very well. Start taking up more powder room when you get to the 140s, which are still usable in the Grendel.

Get you a copy of the Grendel Reloading data books from http://ar15buildbox.mybnbwebsite.com/

Those books will answer lots of questions you have not thought of yet.

Comment

• 1911man
      Warrior
      • May 2015

I second what kmon said, if your going with the heavier bullet your going to want to go Lever or CFE. What length barrel are you running? What is the twist rate?

Comment

• acourvil
        Warrior
        • Dec 2013

A little off topic, but for the 260 Rem you might want to give H4350 a try, most get better performance from it than Varget.

Comment

• david7992
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2016

Thanks for the responses. My AR Grendel is an 18" 1-8 barrel and the Howa is 20"

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by kmon View Post
            Get you a copy of the Grendel Reloading data books from http://ar15buildbox.mybnbwebsite.com/

Those books will answer lots of questions you have not thought of yet.
            ^^^^^^^^^
            This!
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by acourvil View Post
              A little off topic, but for the 260 Rem you might want to give H4350 a try, most get better performance from it than Varget.
              H4350 has been the go-to powder for .260 Rem and 6.5 Creedmoor, which is why you can't find it.

RL-17 is another option in .260 Rem.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X