• pinetreebbs
    Warrior
    • Nov 2013

123 gr Sierra Match King using Benchmark and TAC

Another Grendel video from Johnny's Reloading Bench:

• dega37
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2014

I like your video. I would blame the POI shift on parallax. I saw you posted that you made sure to check it, but it is the only thing I can imagine that would do that, however I suppose that changing powder loads could alter harmonics. Maybe one of the guys with more experience could chime in.

Comment

• kymountainman
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2016

Just a personal preference, and my 2 cents .... but I loathe TAC. Everytime I load with it I end up cleaning up my bench after only 100 rds. That stuff is almost as made as WC844 (Surplus) when it comes to 'migrating' to areas where you don't want it. Also, I try and use stick powders or Hodgdon H100V whenever possible.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Great video. I really enjoyed it. It looks like all but 2 of the groups were sub-MOA, and they were all 5rd groups.

Get some CFE or LVR in that bad boy and see what she does for speed and accuracy, with a solid rear bag position.

I also blend and polish my feed ramps any time I do an AR15 build, unless they miraculously match up and the ramps are already de-edged/tumble-polished from the manufacturer.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• 1911man
          Warrior
          • May 2015

Originally posted by kymountainman View Post
          Just a personal preference, and my 2 cents .... but I loathe TAC. Everytime I load with it I end up cleaning up my bench after only 100 rds. That stuff is almost as made as WC844 (Surplus) when it comes to 'migrating' to areas where you don't want it. Also, I try and use stick powders or Hodgdon H100V whenever possible.
          Good to know I am not the only one who makes a mess with TAC. It also produces lower than ideal velocities than other powders, but the most accurate load I have found to date was with TAC. I would imagine its not very temp stable either.

Comment

• pinetreebbs
            Warrior
            • Nov 2013

I just found the video, I'm not the author. He has a whole series of videos on his experience loading for the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• dega37
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by pinetreebbs View Post
              I just found the video, I'm not the author. He has a whole series of videos on his experience loading for the 6.5 Grendel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0P1...lh4cjTRb-JJmto
              I feel lied to...

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dega37 View Post
                I feel lied to...
                What do you mean?
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X