• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

New Hornady 6.5mm ELD Line 2017

I notice Hornady has a 6.5mm 100gr ELD for 2017. Wondering if same or different from A-Max?
    Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • nuthead
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

nice - if im to believe the rumours the ELD-M is an Amax with the new heat resistant tip - might be good for some LR applications

im still not 100% convinced about the tips melting though - electronic targets used in Fclass show the impact speed at the target at 800m here and the impact speed for the 208gr amaxs exactly match the modelled speeds... which would indicate the BC isnt actually changing

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

Well, they're selling them side by side. The Amax has a listed BC of .390 and the ELD of .385. We know the ELD is radar verified and probably more accurate than the Amax BC. I guess your question stands BFT: different or just different tip?
      Last edited by biodsl; 12-05-2016, 04:33 AM. Reason: grammar
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

I seem to remember that even in Hornady's fine print they admitted the BC difference between "melting" and "non-melting" is only 3% or something like that. What that says to me is it's a non-issue for most people.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
        X