• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schrambo
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Hi, I'm a Caliberaholic...

And I've joined the Horde...

I'm in (AR rifle) 22LR, 5.56, 300BLK, 9MM, 10MM, 375 SOCOM, 458 SOCOM and now 6.5 Grendel!

So, for me, the 6.5G is a Godsend for accuracy... I'm just getting the bigger calibers in tune, but out of the box with factory ammo the 6.5G shines... I'm tuning hand loads now focusing on the Nosler 129 GR ABLR...

Anyway, looking forward to more Horde knowledge, it's been a real help so far...

Greg
    Bozeman, MT
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

Greg, welcome to the forum. I think that in Montana the attributes of the Grendel will far outshine the other platforms.

Comment

• rickOshay
      Warrior
      • Apr 2012

Nice collection. I appreciate your addiction. But wait....no .50 Beowulf??

I've got a complete AA upper, 2 mags, dies, brass, and some AA loaded ammo I'll sell to enable your condition. ; )

Comment

• Schrambo
        Warrior
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
        Nice collection. I appreciate your addiction. But wait....no .50 Beowulf??

I've got a complete AA upper, 2 mags, dies, brass, and some AA loaded ammo I'll sell to enable your condition. ; )
        Don't encourage me, thanks for the offer!

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Schrambo!

Comment

• 1911man
            Warrior
            • May 2015

Welcome! Referring to my obsession with the Grendel and firearms in general as an addiction is a good word. I cant stop myself from buying more parts and building more rifles.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. What powder are you using with the 129gr ABLR?

I use CFE with it and am going to do some testing with LVR as well.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Schrambo
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Welcome aboard. What powder are you using with the 129gr ABLR?

I use CFE with it and am going to do some testing with LVR as well.
                Thanks all!

Based on all I've read here, I bought 1# each of CFE and LVR to start... I also have AR-Comp to test with...

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2012

you are still in the early throws of your addiction, once your really out of control you will buy a box of ammo that was a good deal for a gun you dont own but would like to (7.62x25mm) or reloading dies for guns you don't own because they were a good deal or on sale (450 nitro express, 270 REN) then there is the obsolete stuff, i mean can you even really have a problem until you have converted a antique rimfire rifle to centerfire and formed 50 rounds of ammunition for it on a whim (swiss vetterli, 41 swiss)

that said welcome to the sickness
                  Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Schrambo
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                    you are still in the early throws of your addiction, once your really out of control you will buy a box of ammo that was a good deal for a gun you dont own but would like to (7.62x25mm) or reloading dies for guns you don't own because they were a good deal or on sale (450 nitro express, 270 REN) then there is the obsolete stuff, i mean can you even really have a problem until you have converted a antique rimfire rifle to centerfire and formed 50 rounds of ammunition for it on a whim (swiss vetterli, 41 swiss)

that said welcome to the sickness
                    Well spoken, and addresses my gun AADD... I can't say how many 300BLK cases I have ready to load, 3-4K? But it'll all be subsonic when I do load it...

As for anything else I load the 6.5G and 375/458 SOCOMs... I think I am sick enough for right now...

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Schrambo View Post
                      Well spoken, and addresses my gun AADD... I can't say how many 300BLK cases I have ready to load, 3-4K? But it'll all be subsonic when I do load it...

As for anything else I load the 6.5G and 375/458 SOCOMs... I think I am sick enough for right now...
                      ahh 300 blackout i have been playing that game since before it was cool, my firs AR15 was a 300 whisper the ability to buy ready made blackout brass is fantastic its not even a hard case to form but its a pain in the but and way easier to just let someone else make it out of fired blank cases and buy it cheaper than i could get 556 brass
                      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

Working...
                      X