• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1911man
    Warrior
    • May 2015

Originally posted by Mike Wood View Post
    Interesting. It'll be a week or two before I can test mine. Work and the weather aren't favorable for shooting. You get any velocity data?
    No, I didnt have time to set up my Chronograph. If it is sunny tomorrow I might get out and set it up.

Comment

• 1911man
      Warrior
      • May 2015

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
      Sorry to hear this. Hoping this isn't indicative of other barrels.
      I have not had alot of luck with boxed ammo in this barrel. Handloads shoot great, but boxed ammo has been very hit or miss.

Comment

• hikfromstik
        Warrior
        • Oct 2016

I just shot my Hornady ELD match. It's 30 degrees here wind almost 0 . I had exellent results . The powder may be different because I shot 1" high at 100yds and 3" high @200yds compared to the Hornady 123 Amax ammo shot at the same shooting session. At 100 yds I shot 0.73" and at 200yds I shot 0.97". That's right less than an inch at 200yds . My Lilja AR24 (23") shoots better at 200yds than 100yds .I guess the projectile stabilizes better past 100yds. My daughters Howa mini shot these 1.1" @100yds with a 1-6x24 scope , so I could probably squeeze it a bit tighter with a better scope . Overall I'm very pleased with the results. I get 0.75" - 1.0" with 123gr Amax factory ammo. I found my new ammo that shoots best in my barrel .

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Shoots bad for one, great for another. Barrels continue to insist upon being individuals, and as temperamental as . . . well, THEY know who they are.
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• subinoob
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2016

Buds has it in stock for $17.05 a box with free shipping over $200 https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/22880

Comment

• Mike Wood
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by subinoob View Post
              Buds has it in stock for $17.05 a box with free shipping over $200 https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/22880
              Good price, and only takes 12 boxes to get that free S/H

Comment

• Furlock Bones
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2016

dang. now that's a deal.

Comment

• Mike Wood
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Furlock Bones View Post
                  dang. now that's a deal.
                  I know! I'm tempted to buy some more (just got 200 from Midway). It's a shame I ordered from Midway so soon...now they've got free shipping on orders over $150 (just two days after I ordered haha)

I wanted to try shooting some this past Sunday, but it was so windy I didn't figure it would be a good representation of what they can do. I hope to get some velocity data on them this coming week
                  Last edited by Mike Wood; 12-15-2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• dammitman
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2012

i recieved my order from buds today. i see they are inching up the price on it. i cannot wait to try it out to see how it performs in my rifles. that price is a real deal but i did have to pay tax as i live in ky. i know i am gonna wish i had ordered more somehow,,,,,

Comment

• shooter65
                      Unwashed
                      • Jul 2016

Outdoor Limited is your one stop shop for all your ammunition needs. Cheap Ammo for sale that's 100% in stock. Order Now.

Comment

• cb4017
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2016

I've got 5 boxes on order from Bud's and will probably order another 5 boxes next month. Didn't take me long to figure out buying this ammo is much cheaper than the initial purchase of brass and bullets for loading.
                        Cliff
                        USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Dues Vult

Comment

• 1911man
                          Warrior
                          • May 2015

Yeah, now that I my new barrel has proven it likes this ammo I bought 10 more boxes from Buds.

Comment

• Cole Dedhand
                            Unwashed
                            • May 2017

Vizard has it now for $16.79/box $14.75 flat shipping to AZ.

I may be getting the cart before the horse since I don't have a Grendel upper yet but I ordered 300 rounds. Hope it shoots well.

Comment

• brian y
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2016

My 20" Odin Works seems to like this Black Ammo, 5 shots each target, And I rushed and pulled 2 on the lower right target. My fault.
                              NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

Working...
                              X