• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newb
    Warrior
    • Feb 2015

People's repulic of CA legal

Put a Thordsen Customs stock on a lower and don't have any of the "evil features" that somehow make the rifle some self-firing, demon possessed, blood thirsty, murderer.

Not a bad feel at all, even shooting, actually fits up with a natural fit feel to it. (I added a slip-on Limbsaver, not needed but gave a little more butt length just to try out)

Thordsen.jpg
  • acourvil
    Warrior
    • Dec 2013

What's the length of pull on those? And is there any way to adjust the length?

Comment

• 1075 tech
      Warrior
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by acourvil View Post
      What's the length of pull on those? And is there any way to adjust the length?
      No LOP adjustment. I have found them to be a little short. I think 13 1/2" or 13 3/4". Pretty sure it's on their website.

Comment

• newb
        Warrior
        • Feb 2015

Manufacturer claimed LOP is 14.5".

Arms extended to sides, my reach is about 74" finger tip to finger tip. I did put the limbsaver recoil pad on it to extend the length an extra inch or so. I (personally) don't have any awkward feeling with the LOP (with limbsaver) shooting either classic elbow up or compact stance elbow down. I don't mind it with the recoil pad off either.

What if the wife or kids want to adjust the stock to better fit them?

The F-tard politicians decided that somehow an adjustable stock is evil. New irrational CA laws = if we have an adjustable LOP stock that is one of the features that we have to register as "assault weapon".

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

Newb...is that a SS HD 1-6? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on it if you don't mind posting a short review over in the optics section.
          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by newb View Post
            Put a Thordsen Customs stock on a lower...
            Man, is that ugly! I wouldn't want to own an AR15 if it had to have a hideous abortion of a stock like that on it.

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

What if the wife or kids want to adjust the stock to better fit them?

The F-tard politicians decided that somehow an adjustable stock is evil. New irrational CA laws = if we have an adjustable LOP stock that is one of the features that we have to register as "assault weapon".
              A *possible* solution which allows the "evil" features to be retained on your rifle:

Since the law pertains to telescoping stocks, not stocks which are only adjustable for LOP, it seems like a CA-compliant, adjustable-LOP stock could be designed based on concepts like those below:

Comment

• SightedIn
                Warrior
                • Jun 2016

I'm stuck in Calif for now as well, but i too would sell my AR before i would use one of those.
                I havent decided which rifle modifications i will make yet, but regardless i wont be registering my two AR's. After living in Cali for 41 years, i know i cant trust our government here not to ban them later once they're all registered.
                I am not confident either that the Patriot Mag Release( or other similar products) will turn out to be legal.
                My range AR(Grendel), i am deciding on possibly making it single shot( by removing the gas tube and spinning around the gas block to essential plug the gas port).
                My plinking AR(.223), possibly blocking off the bullet button release hole with a brass or aluminum plug and installing an extended rear receiver release to make it a top loader via stripper clips.

One thing i do know for certain, i'm gonna buy a Howa Grendel min action!

Comment

• stanc
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SightedIn View Post
                  I am not confident either that the Patriot Mag Release( or other similar products) will turn out to be legal.
                  I agree. The PMR, like the BB, is meant to defeat the spirit and intent of the law. I'm frankly surprised it took them as long as it did to include the BB in the assault weapons law. I expect the PMR will suffer the same fate, sooner or later.

Comment

• newb
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2015

Yep, SS 1-6 HD. Great scope so far, very clear and crisp... to me anyway. Several people made the comment that 1x gave a better vision than their naked eye (maybe time to get glasses haha). I was introduced to these by a person who does 3 gun. I could review but I haven't spent much time behind high end glass to make a good comparison.

I've briefly looked through some NF, S&B, Swarovsky, Leupold, and a few others, but that's about the extent of my high end experience.

Yeah, the stock is ugly but it works. LOL, next the politicians and concrete jungle people will ban it because it looks ugly and scary to them. It was a hard choice but I went for function over fashion. Much prefer an adjustable, but for the time being....

Is there one of those Magpul stocks for AR? I did not find any on their site. For CA, it would also have to do away with the pistol grip.

3 things for us: 1) no flash suppressor but can have muzzle break or thread protector. 2) no pistol grip. 3) No telescoping stocks.

If we get rid of those 3 civilization ending evils and we can have a regular mag release button (not the BB) and do not have to register.... at least until the next time incompetent jack@$$es make more ignorant laws....
                    Last edited by newb; 12-30-2016, 02:23 AM. Reason: subject change clarification

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Is there one of those Magpul stocks for AR?
                      Not AFAIK. But, it seems as though something similar could be designed for an AR.

3 things for us: 1) no flash suppressor but can have muzzle break or thread protector. 2) no pistol grip. 3) No telescoping stocks.
                      Yeah, I know. I'm in SoCal. I almost bought a bullet button AR15 in 2011. Now I'm glad I opted for an M1 carbine, instead -- it'll probably stay legal for the rest of my life. And I prefer a proper bolt handle over the AR's T-handle, anyway.

Comment

• biodsl
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2011

Yep, SS 1-6 HD. Great scope so far, very clear and crisp... to me anyway. Several people made the comment that 1x gave a better vision than their naked eye (maybe time to get glasses haha). I was introduced to these by a person who does 3 gun. I could review but I haven't spent much time behind high end glass to make a good comparison.

I've briefly looked through some NF, S&B, Swarovsky, Leupold, and a few others, but that's about the extent of my high end experience.
                        Thanks. If you form some opinions as time goes on let us know. Considering the popularity of the SWFA SS line, let's precious little online about this model.
                        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• newb
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                          Thanks. If you form some opinions as time goes on let us know. Considering the popularity of the SWFA SS line, let's precious little online about this model.
                          I posted a quick review in the Optics section....

Comment

Working...
                          X