• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

CLOSED Faxon 16 65G Group Buy $175+S&H

Gentlemen, Esteemed Warriors, and Vile Unwashed of The Horde, here is our second group buy of mid-length 16" 6.5 Grendel barrels manufactured by our esteemed partner, Faxon Firearms.

Probably my favorite barrel length for 6.5 Grendel. Very handy, solid velocity, shortest length without fussing with the NFA. To me, a perfectly balanced hunting gun. These barrels feature a medium-light profile for all-day carry, and are melonited inside and out for all-weather durability. Rifling is our NEW exclusive 5R-EE type with 1:8 twist. If you could have just ONE gun. . . .

Cost is $175 plus $10 flat fee shipping for a total of $185 each. Personal checks, money orders, or PayPal accepted.

TO ORDER: Open the attached PDF order form below, and either print it out and mail it with your payment, or fill it out digitally and email it if using PayPal.

As always, Faxon requires a minimum order of 50, so tell your buddies and let's get this rolling!

With our EXCLUSIVE 5R-EE rifling, there are no other 6.5 Grendel barrels like this in the universe!

============================
    SPECIFICATIONS

Barrel length: 16"

Barrel profile: Medium-Light (see attached drawing below)

Gas system: Mid-length

Gas-block diameter: 0.750"

Muzzle threads: 5/8x24

Muzzle crown: 11-degree target crown

Barrel steel: 4150 CMV

Inside and outside finish: QPQ nitride

Chamber: 6.5 Grendel, SAAMI-compliant chamber, headspaced for 0.136" boltface depth

Rifling: 1:8, 5R-EE (Easy Engraving), button-rifled

Barrel extension: M4-style

Magnetic Particle Inspected

PARTICIPANTS

06/50 as of 20170310

Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • Jakal
    Warrior
    • May 2014

I'll jump in here with an order, paperwork will be turned in shortly.
    ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• Red Dawn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

I think I'll like this better than the 18". I need to work this in to the top of my list.
      "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I can make cloverleafs all day with my Group buy 1, -16" bbl., using SMK's. My Hunting ammo, GMX lite- 1/2" groups to 150 yds.

As accurate as an AA tube, well worth the price .

Comment

• dfwpi
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2016

Tagged

Comment

• bob4432
            Warrior
            • May 2016

No way to go 416 & 3R?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

416 is a possibility, although my thinking is to do it on the 18 and 20, rather than the 16. Generally, it's $10 extra per barrel.

I see the 12 and 16 as more tactical barrels, where the durability of 4150CMV is a benefit, and the 18 and 20 as more accuracy barrels, where the crisper rifling of 416R offers a theoretical accuracy advantage. But with properly made barrels, we're talking differences of very small fractions of one percent. I don't believe anyone has any hard data quantifying an accuracy difference between CMV and stainless. Even with the barrel manufacturers themselves, it's a matter of conjecture: "Because stainless is slightly easier to machine, we're guessing it is more accurate, on average." But none of them has really had the time or money to rigorously test the theory.

Either way, Faxon guarantees their bores are concentric within 0.0002 down the length of the barrel, whether stainless or CMV.

3R is also a possibility down the road. Will see how the 5R-EE (Easy Engraving, with reduced lands size) proves out before taking the next step. Most riflemen are generally of a conservative bent, and the pace of change doesn't proceed as fast as some of us would like, but we make progress one step at a time.
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• bob4432
                Warrior
                • May 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                416 is a possibility, although my thinking is to do it on the 18 and 20, rather than the 16. Generally, it's $10 extra per barrel.

I see the 12 and 16 as more tactical barrels, where the durability of 4150CMV is a benefit, and the 18 and 20 as more accuracy barrels, where the crisper rifling of 416R offers a theoretical accuracy advantage. But with properly made barrels, we're talking differences of very small fractions of one percent. I don't believe anyone has any hard data quantifying an accuracy difference between CMV and stainless. Even with the barrel manufacturers themselves, it's a matter of conjecture: "Because stainless is slightly easier to machine, we're guessing it is more accurate, on average." But none of them has really had the time or money to rigorously test the theory.

Either way, Faxon guarantees their bores are concentric within 0.0002 down the length of the barrel, whether stainless or CMV.

3R is also a possibility down the road. Will see how the 5R-EE (Easy Engraving, with reduced lands size) proves out before taking the next step. Most riflemen are generally of a conservative bent, and the pace of change doesn't proceed as fast as some of us would like, but we make progress one step at a time.
                Gotcha BFT, sounds good.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I bought the Faxon for the QPQ finish and it's benefits like corrosion resistance and surface hardening. I'll be more apt to shoot steel case bimetal bullets in my CMV barrels than a stainless steel barrel. I think the Faxon CMV barrels will out last stainless steel. I don't have any experience with Stainless Steel treated with QPQ. I think either CM or SS with QPQ are desireable and time will tell how either barrel last. I tend to agree with you BFT the 16" seems more appropriate for tactical or close range hunting <300.

Comment

• Ed Baker
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2016

How many folks have gotten in to this group buy?
                    Last edited by Ed Baker; 12-28-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Clausewitz
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2016

I'll be in next month, after I pay off these Christmas bills lol, where should I purchase a bolt that will headspace properly with this barrel?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

I'd look first to Alexander Arms. Their bolts are the correct 0.136" boltface depth.

Comment

• Jakal
                          Warrior
                          • May 2014

There are not many yet, I think 2 or 3. I'm building this for a dedicated night hunting rig. Looking at the ATN X sight for the optic. 300 yards and less is perfect for what I want to do.
                          ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• JuanC
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jan 2017

How would this barrel compare to the AA 16" lite barrel?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Faxon = 4150 CMV melonited / AA = stainless, no external finish

Faxon = 5/8x24 / AA = 9/16x24

Faxon = 1:8 with 5R-EE rifling / AA = 1:7.5 6-groove

Faxon = non-fluted / AA = fluted

Faxon = 1.92 lbs / AA = 1.74 lbs

Faxon = $175 + shipping / AA = $195 + shipping

Very proud of these Faxon 6.5 Grendel forum group buy barrels. Having said that, Bill makes excellent stuff, as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X