• FDE
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2017

How close to 50 orders are we?

Comment

• 41bear
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

Want to get in on this buy however funds won't be available until March 1st. If the buy is still open at that time you'll receive payment via PayPal on that date. Thanks for understanding.
      "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
        416 is a possibility, although my thinking is to do it on the 18 and 20, rather than the 16. Generally, it's $10 extra per barrel.

I see the 12 and 16 as more tactical barrels, where the durability of 4150CMV is a benefit, and the 18 and 20 as more accuracy barrels, where the crisper rifling of 416R offers a theoretical accuracy advantage. But with properly made barrels, we're talking differences of very small fractions of one percent. I don't believe anyone has any hard data quantifying an accuracy difference between CMV and stainless. Even with the barrel manufacturers themselves, it's a matter of conjecture: "Because stainless is slightly easier to machine, we're guessing it is more accurate, on average." But none of them has really had the time or money to rigorously test the theory.

Either way, Faxon guarantees their bores are concentric within 0.0002 down the length of the barrel, whether stainless or CMV.

3R is also a possibility down the road. Will see how the 5R-EE (Easy Engraving, with reduced lands size) proves out before taking the next step. Most riflemen are generally of a conservative bent, and the pace of change doesn't proceed as fast as some of us would like, but we make progress one step at a time.
        I like the way this guy thinks! Those are pretty tight tolerances. I think my preference will always slightly lean towards 4150 CrMo. And i believe the QPQ is a little thicker and harder with more carbon content in the substrate. I have a BHW 3 land poly and I wish they were slightly larger/wider or was 5 lands either or.

Comment

• 41bear
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

I'm going to have to back out for now as a family matter has come up I need to help with, sorry, and thanks for understanding.
          "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• bob4432
            Warrior
            • May 2016

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
            I like the way this guy thinks! Those are pretty tight tolerances. I think my preference will always slightly lean towards 4150 CrMo. And i believe the QPQ is a little thicker and harder with more carbon content in the substrate. I have a BHW 3 land poly and I wish they were slightly larger/wider or was 5 lands either or.
            I know this is going off topic, but can you explain about the QPQ being thicker? Do you mean thicker on 4150CMV vs 416R or something else? Also, do you have an issue with your BHW 3 land poly barrel that you know is caused by it being 3 land poly?

Comment

• Jakal
              Warrior
              • May 2014

Bump. We still need quite a few buyers for this to go through.

BFT, can we get a count on paid participants?

Great birthday & fathers day gift!
              ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• Red Dawn
                Warrior
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Red Dawn View Post
                I think I'll like this better than the 18". I need to work this in to the top of my list.
                I picked up a 16" barrel so I'm out of this one. Still looking at the 18" though.
                "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

• Commander184
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2016

What is the count to? I'm trying to decide if this is worth the wait

Comment

• Clausewitz
                    Unwashed
                    • Dec 2016

Dropped my check and form in the mail today. You can add one more to the count.

Comment

• BIPMaster
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2014

In for one barrel. Order form emailed.

Comment

• jdelong
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2017

Oh what the hell, in for one. PayPal inbound

Jon

Comment

• 82HALO
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

BFT could you update the paid barrel count on first page? Don't know the current tally. Would like to make my decision based on this, if it really is zero, then I'm gonna have to look elsewhere.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

82H, understood. Only 3 confirmed at the moment.
                            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• 82HALO
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Thanks BFT! Crap! Was hoping more would go in for one of these, gonna have to look elsewhere for a 16. But, will probably still order one of these, just can't do the wait for it right now.

Comment

• jdelong
                                Warrior
                                • Feb 2017

Maybe a dumb question, but what about posting something about this group buy in the AR variant section on AR15.com?

Comment

Working...
                                X