• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wraith1516
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

6.5 grendel at night in mi

Does anybody know if it's legal to hunt at night in Michigan with the 6-5 Grendel yet
  • HillclimberCR500
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2016

Pretty sure you can't use any center fire rifles for any night hunting here. Once it gets dark you are magically telaported south of Bay City by the DNR overlords

Comment

• dfwpi
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2016

Come on down to Texas for some fine pig hunting at night! Buddy just shot one in my area with his AR. He said when he rounded the corner of the fence line he thought there were cattle in the way. Turns out there were about 70-pigs.

Comment

• Unclered
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2016

Yes you can. 6.5 max dia. All night vision allowed. Shot up to and including #4 buck.
        "It's a long shot with a limb in the way but it beats suckin' pond water"- Jed Clampit 1964

Comment

• Constitutionalist
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Uncle Red- you nailed it except we can use up to #3 Buck. I'm with the MTPCA and we pushed it up to that size with the DNR and NRC because we wanted a decent calling load for the women, kids, and others who use 20 gauge. (#3 buck is the only buckshot load commonly available in 20 gauge.) My nighttime shotgun load is now 42 pellets of #4 buck in a 3 1/2" 12 gauge. :-D Devastating!

Comment

• toolsofthetrade
            Warrior
            • May 2011

North of shotgun zone you are good anywhere except state parks and recreating areas with 6.5 and under at night.
            South of shotgun zone, only on private land

Comment

• toolsofthetrade
              Warrior
              • May 2011

I posted here about it back in December
              Yesterday the Michigan DNRC passed allowing centerfire rifles for nighttime hunting of predators in Michigan. Specifics: Cartridges allowed: .269 and smaller bullet diameter. Below the shotgun line, private land only Above shotgun line, not allowed on state recreation areas or state parks. Legal everywhere else. This

Comment

• wraith1516
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

Thanks tools i missed your post now to save my pennies for a thermal or nvd

Comment

Working...
                X