• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cb4017
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by SG4247 View Post
    Ive had several Shilen Grendel barrels.

My supressed hunting Grendel still has one.

I will not buy any more.

$.02
    What problems did you have with the Shilen barrels? I thought they were a quality product.
    Cliff
    USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

• 1911man
      Warrior
      • May 2015

Originally posted by cb4017 View Post
      Well Gents, after careful consideration I have ordered a 20" Criterion barrel and a matching bolt from Precision Firearms. It will be a 6-8 week wait but I know I am getting a quality barrel with a true SAAMI chamber. Besides, the wait will give me time to gather a few more parts for my build and reloading components/dies to start making ammo.

Geez, I hate waiting..
      I hope you get yours within that wait period. I was told 4-8 weeks and I am on week 10 for my Criterion barrel from PF.

Comment

• cb4017
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by 1911man View Post
        I hope you get yours within that wait period. I was told 4-8 weeks and I am on week 10 for my Criterion barrel from PF.
        Well that's a bit discouraging. I may have to get a rack grade barrel somewhere to get me shooting and hold me over. On the other hand I wonder what his cancellation policy is.
        Cliff
        USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Comment

• 1911man
          Warrior
          • May 2015

Well that's a bit discouraging. I may have to get a rack grade barrel somewhere to get me shooting and hold me over. On the other hand I wonder what his cancellation policy is.
          I just did that exact thing, I was getting so anxious to shoot that I bought a 20" barrel from AR15part.com. I just shot it for the first time today and it definitely makes the wait for my PF barrel a little easier. I just wish these companies would give an accurate assessment, I anticipated having to wait the full 8 weeks but as every week goes on I get more frustrated that its that far off from their estimate. AA told me 5 weeks and I am week 10 with them as well.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Anything that PF puts their name on is worth the wait in my book, it's a custom shop so you got to expect to wait and yes wait sometimes longer then first told.

All that being said if your going to buy a cheaper in stock barrel to hold you over till your higher grade barrel arrives, you should have just used the combined cost of the two barrels to buy a higher grade barrel from a company like Lijia or JP that has it in stock.

AA makes good products as well but I won't spend money with them ever again.

Comment

• Sticks
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2016

PF just recently jumped from 8-10 weeks to 10-12 week lead time.

My countdown just started on one today. Hopefully by the first week of March I will be sending lead down range with it.

FYI - for those eyeballing PF rifles or uppers that are made to order, I spoke to Mark at PF and he let me know that with SHOT show coming up, afterwords the lead time jumps up to an additional r 8 weeks due to the increase in orders.
              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• cb4017
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

Geez! Mark told me 6-8 weeks just a few days ago.
                Cliff
                USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Comment

• cb4017
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                  Anything that PF puts their name on is worth the wait in my book, it's a custom shop so you got to expect to wait and yes wait sometimes longer then first told.

All that being said if your going to buy a cheaper in stock barrel to hold you over till your higher grade barrel arrives, you should have just used the combined cost of the two barrels to buy a higher grade barrel from a company like Lijia or JP that has it in stock.

AA makes good products as well but I won't spend money with them ever again.
                  Good point but the only things in stock at both those places is around $600 or more. Just can't do it. Plus I figure I can recoup some cash if I sell the extra barrel later.
                  Cliff
                  USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Just a heads up J&G sales has the Wolf (WPA) 6.5 Grendel uppers in stock.

Comment

• Sticks
                      Chieftain
                      • Dec 2016

Geez! Mark told me 6-8 weeks just a few days ago.
                      I'm getting a complete upper. A barrel only may get out the door faster.
                      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2011

Actually uppers get priority over just barrels. If and when we have to have a choice on priority. Right now the hold up is due to bolts. We are waiting for them to come back from Nitride and Nickel Boron. We have a bunch of barrels done just waiting on bolts so we can ship. I dont know why stuff cycles up and down like this. If I had a unlimited bank account I could just buy up a bunch of stuff and sit on it through cycle ups and down. In November we sold 25 bolts. In December we sold about 75. Jan so far we sold 20. Hard to keep stuff scheduled in stock. Criterion Barrels are around 8 weeks.
                        "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• cb4017
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

Thanks for the update. I'll try to be patient. It's not like I have nothing else to shoot around here...
                          Cliff
                          USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Comment

• cb4017
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2016

Woo Hoo! A barrel is on the way. While I'm patiently waiting for my PF Criterion barrel I found someone that had Odin Works barrels in stock, so I ordered a 20" barrel with BCG, gas block and gas tube. Just got the email it has been shipped and should be here in a couple days. That should keep me busy for awhile..
                            Last edited by cb4017; 01-30-2017, 06:06 PM.
                            Cliff
                            USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Comment

Working...
                            X