• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 454bore
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

New Grendel variant called 6mm Grinch.

The 6mmGrinch has won in BR competition and is like the 6mmTurbo40 and 6mmFatRat.
    The BR rifles shoot the variant very well.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Pix or link to pix!
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• kmon
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2015

Was reading some about the Grinch the other day over on Accurateshooter

Pic pre and post fireforming with the final case loaded pictured on the right

Very similar to the FatRat, Grendel case necked down to 6mm and basically an AI version with the shoulder pushed forward a little. They are running 80gr bullets in a 1:12 barrel from what I have read on it.

Comment

• 454bore
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

They're getting excellent accuracy at 2920 fps with the some bullets.
        Another very accurate round is the 30 Grinch.
        It's the Grendel necked up with a 40 degree shoulder.
        I thinking of having a very accurate hand lapped 300BLK barrel chambered to it or the 30 ARX.
        Last edited by 454bore; 01-08-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

OK, now I am really confused. The 6mm Grinch is from the 6.5 Grendel which is from the 6mm PPC which is from the .220 Russian, which is from the 7.62X39. The 6.5 Grendel was developed for the AR15 and the straight case on the Grinch is made for designed for accuracy in a bolt gun -- why is the Grendel the parent case for the Grinch?

Comment

• JASmith
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2014

A cartridge frequently works well in actions other than the ones it was developed for.

For example, I belieeve the 220 Russian was designed for bolt guns and the PPC built its reputation on bolt guns.

Another way to put it -- a cartridge that works well in semi-autos is highly likely to do very well on bolts and single shots.
            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Accuracy cartridges in this size also like Small Rifle primers and the 65G case is "relatively" straight-walled with a shorter neck than 6mmPPC brass (even if such is commercially available?). Best candidate for conversion to 6mmGrinch?
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• kmon
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2015

I would think brass availability was a big part of the decision to use the Grendel as the parent case for the Grinch. Sure you could make that case from other brass but it would be more work except the 6mmPPC which is available from Nosler and Norma, perhaps others. Grendel brass seems to be a bit more available though.

Comment

• Grendel
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2015

Fine line between reinventing the wheel and refinement. Which one is this?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Wildcatters be wildcattin'. Is all good.

Comment

Working...
                    X