• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpw4x4
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2015

CZ 527 6.5 Grendel

Went yesterday to the local gun shops and was going to be ordering a new bolt action Grendel the guy at the counter was looking for a 7.62x39 cz for his shop stock and I told him I was looking for a Grendel he spun his laptop around and showed me the new cz 527 American rustic in 6.5 great I was surprised to see that so I had him order it and call me when it gets here it's a nice looking gun too
  • SDguy
    Warrior
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by dpw4x4 View Post
    Went yesterday to the local gun shops and was going to be ordering a new bolt action Grendel the guy at the counter was looking for a 7.62x39 cz for his shop stock and I told him I was looking for a Grendel he spun his laptop around and showed me the new cz 527 American rustic in 6.5 great I was surprised to see that so I had him order it and call me when it gets here it's a nice looking gun too
    Any chance the guy was able to offer an ETA? Were they offering both the American & the rustic?

Comment

• dpw4x4
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2015

There is both the American and the American rustic and he was going to find out a eta either today or tomorrow then he was going to call me with it. But another gun he was ordering they told him it was going to be a February delivery so even if this one is too I'm going with it

Comment

• SDguy
        Warrior
        • Oct 2015

ETA 2117 CZ527 1st prod run 6.5 G

I would be pleasantly surprised to see these b4 July. Earlier the better. Anxiously awaiting reviews. Just may want to order a Boyds thumbhole stock now

Comment

• dpw4x4
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2015

Dealer sent me a email from cz they are shipping Grendels the last week of January to there preferred dealer and then to all the rest of the dealers after that so the February to dealers is a good possibility

Comment

• SDguy
            Warrior
            • Oct 2015

"they are shipping Grendels the last week of January to there preferred dealer"

Wow!

That puts a real smile on my face!

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

That's awesome news. Knowing that it will be here in time, I'm gonna order one for my daughter as a college graduation gift.
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• mdewitt71
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

hmmm.... very tempting on the 527 American in 6.5 Grendel.
                I love my CZ 455 Tacticool.
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• murfvol
                  Bloodstained
                  • Oct 2016

That's fantastic news, and waaay sooner than I expected. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• robertc1024
                    Bloodstained
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                    hmmm.... very tempting on the 527 American in 6.5 Grendel.
                    I love my CZ 455 Tacticool.
                    Off topic, but that CZ 455 is a neat rifle. Got a chance to shoot one with a can on it at a Silencerco range day. It made my short list.

Comment

• WillD
                      Chieftain
                      • Nov 2014

That IS fantastic news. The MSRP is 1/2 the price quoted to me buy the CZ Custom Shop. Now to convince the wife we need a fourth Grendel in the family!
                      Member since 03/2011, pre-SAAMI, Pre-crash

Comment

• jkingrph
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2014

I checked with the local gunshop (non dealer) this week, and the owner looked at his distributors website and no 527 in 6.5 Grendel yet, I will continue to check every couple of weeks.
                        Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

• kmon
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2015

Looking forward to what they come out with, I will stick with my custom CZ but know others wanting one.

Comment

• explorecaves
                            Warrior
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jkingrph View Post
                            I checked with the local gunshop (non dealer) this week, and the owner looked at his distributors website and no 527 in 6.5 Grendel yet, I will continue to check every couple of weeks.
                            Gun writer friend of mine was able to make it to the CZ demo days at one of the local ranges nearby and asked about the 527 in Grendel. He was told it would be late this year....

Comment

• SDguy
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                              Gun writer friend of mine was able to make it to the CZ demo days at one of the local ranges nearby and asked about the 527 in Grendel. He was told it would be late this year....
                              As close to a confirmation to my suspicion as expected based on observation on CZ business practices over the years. If they are operating as I would expect They should not be later than August/September otherwise shame on them. I hope for no later than July for initial arrivals.

No regrets on putting a 6.5 Grendel CZ527 together nearly 2 years ago. I have only ever spoke to one individule who shared some regrets on putting a 527 Grendel together, He was a bit surprised by the recoil comparing to the likes of 17 HH & 204 Rugers. What could you expect.

Glad I spoke to that individual as my experience with the 527 prior had been with lighter 17 and 204 varmint calibers also. Suppose this did prepare me and my expectations for the mini action 527 Grendel.

For a light weight deer rifle the recoil is still mild. Accuracy at common white tail deer hunting ranges is more than adequate in my eyes. Hope this turns out to be the winner for CZ that I expect. I too feel they have been slow getting to market with this. Still I am glad to see this offering coming in the not to distant future.

Think I have said this b4 I sure look forward to hearing range reports on the Factory CZ527 6.5 Grendel. in the mean time I will have to put up with taking out my build. Waiting on some CCI 450 primers to show up Monday so I can work up some loads with the Nosier custom competitions that showed up yesterday should make for a thousand affordable high performance target rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X