• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by montana View Post
    Excellent observation Klem. The end result would be the actual sound reduction, weight, durability and price. The DPT and common sense suppressor laws gives you much better options, "I'm so jealous" lol. Hopefully with greater market growth as explorecaves predicts the price will lower. Having the option of an effective suppressor for my Grendel with minuscule weight is just the ticket for low volume shooting such as hunting and carrying as a pack gun.
    Frankly, I think US-made suppressors are first class, on average better quality than NZ. I mean they have to be given their higher price plus consumer investment in effort and tax stamp. The US market does not tolerate rubbish and it's also innovative (e.g. your example of the titanium manufacturing process). NZ does not have the population and hence demand to justify this sort of R&D. I once examined a TBAC and witnessed it being fired - Very solid and beautifully put together. I would pay the going rate for one even with what is available here. KAC makes suppressors designed to be punished in a military environment. Ase Utra in Joensuu Finland is another top shelf manufacturer - They claim they make 10,000 a year. The Finns know firearms and hunting (e.g. Sako and Lapua). The modular example above, DPT South Island New Zealand apparently made 5,000 last year to fill an export contract in the UK. H&K products are always good quality, including their suppressors. No doubt there are other good quality suppressors that I don't know about.

Comment

• Josh
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
      That is the advantage of Additive Manufacturing.... Watch the market the next 5 years and you will see it really take off.
      I don't see it really taking off until the cost of DMLS machines comes down significantly.

Comment

• explorecaves
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        I don't see it really taking off until the cost of DMLS machines comes down significantly.
        Take a look at the consumer grade 3d printer cost over the last 5 years.... That is only going to spread to industry as AM cuts costs.... my company is already projecting almost $1B in R&D prototype cost savings since the consumer grade ones were implemented about 3 years ago...

Comment

Working...
        X