• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rattleguard
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2015

123 gr ELD-M

Anybody have any good reloading data for the 123 gr ELD-X? I have a great load for three 123 gr amax and 8208 XBR but I need to get some ELDs loaded up for a match this weekend without too much time to fine tune a load.
  • Commander184
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2016

I like 28gn of xbr with any 123 gn. It's what I used for he 123 amax and it's what I use now for for 123 nosler cc. It's accurate.

That's for my barrel though

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

I thought the reloading data was interchangeable since the bullets are basically the same except for the tip?
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• rattleguard
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2015

So you think seating depth can be run about the same? I know there was a little more bearing surface on the .308 version from amax to eld x with the 178 gr. I'll give it a try everything the same for a few rounds. Thanks for the help!

Comment

• maxxmojo
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2016

I recently burned up the last of my Amax bullets and made some loads with the ELD-M to identical specs and the groups definitely opened up, so at least in my rifle it's noticed a difference. I'm trying a new powder so I have to fine tune the loads anyways but was kinda hoping it would have translated over to save some time.

Comment

• Niles Coyote
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2016

I found a significant difference on ojive measurements between the Amax and eld-M. The ELD required the bullets to be seated much shorter in OAL to have the same jump to the lands.

Comment

• Clays23
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
              I thought the reloading data was interchangeable since the bullets are basically the same except for the tip?
              I belive you are correct. I heard that the hornady manual groups them together
              Joshua 1:9

Comment

Working...
              X