• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CavityBackBullets
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2016

Cant believe I missed this thread.

Our MKZ line is designed to have less engraving friction than the other LFP's mentioned.
    The bearing surface is shorter as well.
    Those that are loading them and not just hypothesizing on them find they are more pressure friendly not less.

The BC of the 105 MKZ is .480
    The BC of the 118 MKZ is .505 this has been confirmed by your own Predator Down who has taken them out to 600 and 1000 yards. He also took his deer with them this year.

There are a number of confirmed kills on game I have not posted to this forum yet. The 105 MKZ took a 500 lb cow elk at 315 yards this year, DRT.

Most find accuracy nodes sub .5 MOA

Our biggest challenge is getting the word out on them. Once folks try them they keep coming back.
    Last edited by CavityBackBullets; 11-19-2017, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• explorecaves
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

ROS - First, thank you for the work you are doing with this. The information you are providing is invaluable.

Second, I would like to suggest overlaying a number or letter or even the bullet weight under each bullet in the photos (in the first summary post) to make it easier to correlate to your list (which would need another column to correlate with unless you use the bullet weight). Again, this is just a suggestion for the next time you update the group photos.

Comment

• rickOshay
        Warrior
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by CavityBackBullets View Post
        Our biggest challenge is getting the word out on them. Once folks try them they keep coming back.
        Thank you CBB for all you've done in developing a great performing LFP with two sizes for the Grendel Horde to choose from.

Any update on the availability of loaded ammo? Getting these rounds into the hands of hunters who don't reload would help get the word out.

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
          I would like to suggest overlaying a number or letter or even the bullet weight under each bullet ........
          Good idea - thanks and will do.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
            Thank you CBB for all you've done in developing a great performing LFP with two sizes for the Grendel Horde to choose from.

Any update on the availability of loaded ammo? Getting these rounds into the hands of hunters who don't reload would help get the word out.
            Thank you sir for all your help and conversations.

The biggest challenge has been brass. Now with Starline getting on board I am excited.
            A cost effective reliable source would be key.
            It seems to be good brass in the 6.8, fingers crossed its the same for the Grendel.

Comment

• rickOshay
              Warrior
              • Apr 2012

Gel results have been posted for the 110gr Controlled Chaos and the 107 gr GS Custom HV.

Comment

• thedudeabides
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2016

I was just looking at the tables kicked out by strelok for the 85gr version of the TREX bullets compared to the 110 to see if it warranted a closer look and noticed the BCs are missing on the main LFP table, but were posted here.
                The BC for the 110gr TREX is .45
                the 85gr TREX is .37 and the 95gr REX is .31
                Robert at CBB has the 105 BC.

Paul
                Also, It seems the 110gr maximum range might be a bit low. Unless it is of a different alloy composition than the 85gr, it would seem to expand out to 500yds anyway @1747 , or 550 @1660 or if 1600 is the threshold as claimed, then 600. I'm sure the pros will decide, but thought I'd mention to Rick about the missing BC numbers.

Now, I just saw another proposed?? Offering from maker bullets of 105gr. On the new 65G bullet thread , and it also looks like a real humdinger!!
                Yesterday I "Photo-chopped" Sierra's 6.5mm 150gr MatchKing — the one with that insanely wicked ogive — into what I think a 115gr version would look like. I emailed it to Sierra (sierra@sierrabullets.com), reminding them that high BC AND high velocity together are an unbeatable combination and asking them
                Last edited by thedudeabides; 12-10-2017, 11:51 PM.
                18" .264 LBC BHW fluted barrel

Comment

• thedudeabides
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2016

Here are some 400 yard bullet recoveries.

110 Controlled Choas
                  100 Barnes TTSX
                  105 Cavity Back MKZ
                  110 Maker Trex

IMG_2722.jpgIMG_2723.jpgIMG_2724.jpgIMG_2725.jpgIMG_2728.jpgIMG_2729.jpgIMG_2732.jpgIMG_2733.jpg

400yd.jpg

Comment

• thedudeabides
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2016

And some fresh close up recoveries of a couple.

110 Maker Trex
                    105 Cavity Back MKZ

IMG_2730.jpgIMG_2731.jpgIMG_2726.jpgIMG_2727.jpg

Comment

• IescapedCali
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by thedudeabides View Post
                      Here are some 400 yard bullet recoveries.

110 Controlled Choas
                      100 Barnes TTSX
                      105 Cavity Back MKZ
                      110 Maker Trex

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11569[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11570[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11571[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11573[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11574[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11575[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11576[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11577[/ATTACH]
                      Am I correct to assume these were shot into ballistics gel, thedudeabides?
                      Thanks for posting these. I’ve been working on some 110CC rounds, with XBR, so I really appreciate you sharing these.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

Thanks much for taking the time to test these and make your report. Good stuff!
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• thedudeabides
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2016

Comment

• sneaky one
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Dude, Thanks for - close to semi real world results, aka-- hitting bones , etc. in a deer for example.

My pal at Federal - he shoots through gel that has bones in the thick gel slurry to mimic real world hunting results. Good improvise.

I'm going to try to get ROS-rickoshay- to try a few more of my GMX lite pills through his awesome bbq'd ribs. Inside the gel slab.

I'm sure he'll eat them before the test starts-lol....

Comment

• Caser
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by CavityBackBullets View Post
                              The 105 MKZ took a 500 lb cow elk at 315 yards this year, DRT.
                              With a 6.5G?

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
                                Warrior
                                • Jan 2014

Last edited by HuntTXhogs; 04-13-2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X