X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ten Ring
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

I am working on starting loading for my grendal. I will start at bottom of scale!!!!
    I got what I read to be two of the best powders DBR8208, AR-comp

Comment

• Bwild97
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

For some reason I was thinking the powder was purchased at a gunshow/garage sale. That was a new can off the store shelf?

Comment

• Bwild97
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Yes those are good powders to use for the Grendel!!

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
          Like I said savage has rifle now. I really dought it was obstructed barrel !!! Was the first shot taken since rifle had been cleaned and put up after deer season!!! Unless IMR had packed power on wrong can. I was a new fan I broke seal when I loaded that batch. I will try to get a close up picture and post it
          What kind of patches and jig do you use for cleaning the bore?
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
            Chieftain
            • May 2012

if it was in fact 7828 and not a bad powder or something it couldnt have been the primary issuse the max load for 165gr is listed as up to 80gr and that is at 105% load density i think you would be hard pressed to put enough of that powder in to cause over charge.....

where are you getting your brass: range pick ups, bought used, bought new, fired from new ammo, fired from remanufactured ammo? how many times has said brass been loaded?
            Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Ten Ring
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2016

I have still heard nothing from Savage arms, when I call I get told it is in line awaiting a gun smith to look at it. I hoping no new is good news, and it would take them less time to tell me that it not there problem, the it would for them to do something about it!!!

Comment

• Ten Ring
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2016

I am looking for 6.5 Grendel load data for AR-comp, this is what I got from Alliance

Alliant has no tested load data for the Grendell. Looking to the Hornady #10 reloading manual, they also have no tested load data utilizing the Alliant AR-Comp propellant. The Alliant propellant listed from Hornady is the Reloder-15.
                The data in the above mentioned manual is copyrighted and you will need to either contact Hornady or purchase the manual.
                Thanks,
                Duane V.
                Technical Services Rep
                Alliant/Blazer/CCI/Speer
                2299 Snake River Ave
                Lewiston, ID 83501
                1-800-379-1732

Comment

• LR1955
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Ten Ring View Post
                  I am looking for 6.5 Grendel load data for AR-comp, this is what I got from Alliance

Alliant has no tested load data for the Grendell. Looking to the Hornady #10 reloading manual, they also have no tested load data utilizing the Alliant AR-Comp propellant. The Alliant propellant listed from Hornady is the Reloder-15.
                  The data in the above mentioned manual is copyrighted and you will need to either contact Hornady or purchase the manual.
                  Thanks,
                  Duane V.
                  Technical Services Rep
                  Alliant/Blazer/CCI/Speer
                  2299 Snake River Ave
                  Lewiston, ID 83501
                  1-800-379-1732
                  Just have to ask.

What does this have to do with your 300 WM blowing up?

May want to move it to what ever thread it belongs.

Comment

• Ten Ring
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2016

Lol because this is not where I meant to post it. I must have closed the wrong window after posting the report on savage

Comment

• Ten Ring
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2016

Ok a little more follow up. I talk to the head of failure analysis at savage arms this week. He need my permission to cut the rifle up to send it out for metallurgy analysis. He said " thoe it looks like the failure was caused by over pressure there are lost of fractures on the bolt and bolt face , and chamber that can not be a count for with out further inspection.
                      They also want FFL information from me to send me a new fire arm. Sound really promising. But I not counting that chicken untill it is in my hands. He ask what I wand caliber wise I opted For 308 300 win mag is just to expensive to shoot lol

Comment

• Ten Ring
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2016

Update… so far upon taking this apart we have found what we believe to be compound from the stock bedding possibly that you spoke to me about. This foreign substance was photographed in the threads, on the locking lugs and around various surfaces of the bolt face.

We continue to examine but so far the theory is that this compound may have been a major issue because there was so much of it.

Comment

• Ten Ring
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2016

This was and email I revived from savage Friday. The funny thing is this rifle was glass needed in 2000 and has had most of the rounds ever fired threw it after that point. HU kind of funny to me

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

Is there any chance you left a patch in the bore?
                            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Ten Ring
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2016

At this point I guse anything possible. I uasualy thero but how knows . The think savage sent me about finding glassbeding compound on the bolt and locking lugs is just ridiculous.

Comment

• Texas
                                Chieftain
                                • Jun 2016

Not surprised Savage is sending you a new rifle, the analysis they are doing on your rifle is invaluable.

Comment

Working...
                                X