• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G-RED
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

new to the forum and to grendel ownership

I just got one of those budget Wolf Performance Arms 6.5 Grendel 16" Upper Receivers on a PSA AR15 MOE EPT lower. Have not shot it yet. Actually new to AR ownership also and really like the performance of this cartridge. My intent is to create an AR for hunting. I look forwrd to learning from you guys.
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Welcome to the Horde, G-Red. I'm curious to hear your range reports, and how you enjoy it. We have several active hunters who visit and post regularly, and I'm sure they will be more than happy to share their experience and advice with you.

Oh, and one more thing. We've got an unwritten rule, here. Without pictures, it never happened. It simply comes down to the fact that the Horde appreciates salivating over pictures of other people's weapons. Just letting your know.
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.

One thing I recommend for people just getting into the AR15 is getting some formal training on the manual of arms for:

* Safety procedures
      * Loading and unloading
      * Selector manipulation
      * Optimum hand placement on grip while support hand drives the charge handle

There are a few videos from reputable trainers with millions of rounds of experience each, as well as novices with techniques that aren't based on institutional lessons-learned and go against the working principles of the AR15 design in some ways.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• G-RED
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2017

While I'm sure I can learn a thing or two from training videos I am not quite a novice with this weapon system. I carried an A2 for almost 4 years in Delta Co 3/505th down at Bragg back in the late 80's.

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by G-RED View Post
          While I'm sure I can learn a thing or two from training videos I am not quite a novice with this weapon system. I carried an A2 for almost 4 years in Delta Co 3/505th down at Bragg back in the late 80's.
          G-Red, welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. There are a number of people who come to this board that are new to the AR platform, and sometimes it is best to err to the side of caution!

Comment

• G-RED
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2017

How do I post an image of say my new AR to a post on here when I've taken a picture of it with my phone?

Comment

• G-RED
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2017

You are right it is best to err on the side of caution and I do thank you for giving me this advice LRRPF52.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

G-RED welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Here is a link on how to post pictures on this forum.

1. Go to the lower right corner of the "Quick Reply" section and click on the "Go Advanced" box. 2. In the next screen, below the "Your Message" section and in the "Additional Options" section click the "Manage Attachments" box. 3. In the new window that opens up click the

Comment

• G-RED
                  Unwashed
                  • Jan 2017

Thanks for helping me. here is my new baby.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by G-RED View Post
                    Ah. When you said new to AR ownership, I thought it meant new to the design.

I was 3-325 AIR there for 3 years, after 6 other units, many of which included a lot of trigger time.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Arrieta578
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2016

Nice to see some of the boys from Bragg! I was also there in mid to late 80s --B Co, 519th MI BN (ABN)

Comment

Working...
                      X