• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt @ LSI
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Shot Show 2017-Howa

Good morning everyone. i got back in from Vegas late last night. its around a 7.5 hour drive back to Reno.

The response from everyone on the minis was incredible.
    I also had the privilege of meeting 2 prominent forum members and that was awesome to say the least. Thank you for taking the time to come find me! (you know who you are)

Developments:
    I can tell you this... there are more stock/chassis manufacturers that are actively working on options for the Mini.

There is at least one company working on a metal floor plate for the mini that takes the factory mag.

I also saw some top secret plans that i will discuss at a later date.

there is a fix being worked on for the mag release on the factory floor plate, thats my project for the next few weeks.

im sorry i cant go into details on some things, i just wanted to let everyone know where were at. I can honestly thank this community for providing honest feedback to improve our products and give the shooters rock solid rifles for their hard earned dollars.

Thank you!
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

It was really great to meet you and put a face to a name.

Looking forward to the future of the Howa and Grendel bolt guns.

Matt keeps a lot of things about himself close to his vest that were revealing to learn about.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jason miller
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Matt, is there any chance you could give any more info on who might be working on stocks for the Mini? I'd be very excited if there were a lightweight option- like the hi-tech stock on the alpine mtn rifle.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

Matt,

I enjoyed our conversation!

Looking forward to working with you when the opportunity arises.
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by jason miller View Post
          Matt, is there any chance you could give any more info on who might be working on stocks for the Mini? I'd be very excited if there were a lightweight option- like the hi-tech stock on the alpine mtn rifle.
          sorry, in the interest of self preservation, i cannot share details until im allowed to.

Comment

• howl
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

I didn't see the word "lefthand" or even "left" in that post there. I did see Barrett plans to come after the upper tier of the mini market. Don't let them beat you to a LH Grendel! I'd rather buy two Howas than one Barrett.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by howl View Post
              I didn't see the word "lefthand" or even "left" in that post there. I did see Barrett plans to come after the upper tier of the mini market. Don't let them beat you to a LH Grendel! I'd rather buy two Howas than one Barrett.
              there are no plans to make a left handed action, sorry
              where did you find that information? id be interested in what they proposed.
              thanks!

Comment

• Hunter307
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2017

Is there any chance a "mini alpine" is on the horizon? Scalloped receiver, skeletonized bolt handle, bansner stock, lightweight barrel, and cerakote?

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Hunter307 View Post
                  Is there any chance a "mini alpine" is on the horizon? Scalloped receiver, skeletonized bolt handle, bansner stock, lightweight barrel, and cerakote?
                  as of right now, no. We are very driven to meet the initial demand of orders. after we catch up well start working on variations.

Comment

• jason miller
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

Totally understandable. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a lightweight, rigid aftermarket option.

Comment

• Hunter307
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
                      as of right now, no. We are very driven to meet the initial demand of orders. after we catch up well start working on variations.
                      Any idea when more light weight barrel minis will be available, seems those are sold out everywhere.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2015

Any idea when more light weight barrel minis will be available, seems those are sold out everywhere.
                        next shipment is february

Comment

• howl
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

Mr. Barrett himself said they'll do a mini action version of the new Fieldcraft rifle in an interview at the SHOT show. They already have LH guns on the list. I'm guessing they will follow along with the various models of the Mel Forbes guns. Those cover all the bases including minis and rimfires. I have not specifically heard Grendel, but they'll have 6.5 barrels already so one might hope! This is a much higher MSRP item than what Howa has for the righties.

I'm really only interested in youth size and LH minis, so I have no dog in this fight. Just passing along info.

Comment

• Nicaburns
                            Bloodstained
                            • Dec 2016

Whittakers still has two of the 22"

Comment

• Hunter307
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Nicaburns View Post
                              Whittakers still has two of the 22"
                              https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/6535022
                              With a standard barrel. Looking for the lightweight contour. Although I did look at a creedmoor howa alpine today. Found what I've been looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X