Any major news from Shot Show 2017 related to 6.5 Grendel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahillock
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

Any major news from Shot Show 2017 related to 6.5 Grendel?

I know K&M Arms stated their M17S would come chambered for 6.5 Grendel but I haven't come across any other 6.5 Grendel news from the show.

Is there any other news?
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Federal will build Match Grendel ammo with Berger Bullets.

Comment

• smithsession8
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2015

I know kel-tec is planning on releasing their RDB-C in 6.5 Grendel. I'm stoked for it. A bullpup 6.5 is the perfect truck gun IMO.
      though the one thing I've seen so far is a video with Chad and he mentioned that the California Compliant model would be in 6.5 as well. Idk if he meant that the others wouldn't be, and I'm not sure what is different about the CA compliant model. maybe just overall length? So we'd only see 20-24" grendel bullpups? not sure yet.

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

Hate to say it but I will believe the Keltec Grendel when I have one in my hands. This is what the third year they have talked about it at SHOT?

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
          Warrior
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by smithsession8 View Post
          I know kel-tec is planning on releasing their RDB-C in 6.5 Grendel. I'm stoked for it. A bullpup 6.5 is the perfect truck gun IMO.
          though the one thing I've seen so far is a video with Chad and he mentioned that the California Compliant model would be in 6.5 as well. Idk if he meant that the others wouldn't be, and I'm not sure what is different about the CA compliant model. maybe just overall length? So we'd only see 20-24" grendel bullpups? not sure yet.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3R7ck9UPfs)

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

yeah we need more bullpups period, and more offerings in grendel period. and more ammo. which is on the way. Hornady has a new grendel cartridge they released part of their new black line of cartridges made specifically for AR's. there's probably more news to I just glanced through my shot show spam.

Comment

• ahillock
              Warrior
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
              Federal will build Match Grendel ammo with Berger Bullets.
              Is that in addition to the Federal Gold Medal Match that is coming out?
              Last edited by ahillock; 01-23-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Sticks
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2016

Several of us from the forum went down to SHOT again this year. Some of us had appointments with various vendors, but were still able to look around at a few things in between places we had to be. I'll start with some basic takeaways: There is a general mood that I felt that is looking forward to the future in this
                Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Several rifle companies have added 6.5 Grendel chamberings to their line-up:

Rifle Dynamics AKs
                  Howa Mini series
                  CZ527 Micro Mauser

4 new factory loads that I'm aware of have been added between Hornady (123gr ELD-M) and Federal (120gr HPBT, 120gr Fusion, 130gr Berger AR Hybrid Gold Medal Match).

We're on the major upswing of a new wave of 6.5mm in the market between 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 Grendel.
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Put this in the category of rumor: I stopped by the Sierra Bullets booth and made my pitch for a 65G bullet combining the sleek hybrid ogive and factory-pointed tip of Sierra's new 6mm 110gr but in 123gr or lighter for the Grendel case. They kinda winked at each other and got excited like they wanted to blurt out some secret, but one just said that they "might" be working on something like that.

The guy that seemed like the boss (I shoulda caught his nametag to verify) put a little bit of a damper on my enthusiasm by saying, "Well, we gotta make what sells and that's usually the 140 grainers." Anyway, I think something cool is coming, but we'll see.

As for Hornady, I chatted up Dave Emary, congratulating him on the success of the 6.5 Creedmoor and thanking him for their 6.5 Grendel offerings. Then I got to it and asked for a lighter weight monolithic, reminding him the 120 GMX was too long for the 65G case. He smiled and was pleasant but was non-committal.

Did the same with Federal, encouraging them to keep up the good work with the 65G, while asking for a lightweight E-Tip and a 100 Fusion for the Grendel. My guy said he'd pass it on to the product manager.

Was cool to handle the 6.5 Grendel demo model of Kel-tec's RDB; barrel stamped with 6.5 Grendel right in front of the gas block.
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• maximus924
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2016

I want that bull pup, hell I would be happy to get my hands on a 223 version.

Also excited about the 123 ELD, have a few packs of those in the mail...

Looks like I got into Grendel at a good time, alot of companies are FINALLY looking at this cartage as a viable product with a real demand. Every time I see grendel at my local Sportsmans Whs I buy a box to remind them it sells. (They have only had it in stock twice, you would think that would be enough to tell them to stock more.....) this was just over the last few weeks though, maybe they will begin to stock more variety. Im in California, soon we wont be able to ship in ammo so I need more local sources for Grendel brass!

Comment

• TOU
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by maximus924 View Post
                        Im in California, soon we wont be able to ship in ammo so I need more local sources for Grendel brass!
                        Just bizarre...I'm sorry for you all.

Comment

• maximus924
                          Unwashed
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by TOU View Post
                          Just bizarre...I'm sorry for you all.
                          Yea... If they knew how it would be enforced it would already be in effect.... HOPEFULLY individuals can have a ammo permit, and using a specific approved number can get ammo delivered to them personally. This is unlikely though... I dont take too many political sides, I dont swing left or right... but its rough over here in CA when it comes to guns...

The Keltec looks like a good rifle in any state though, compact and lightweight. I wish they showed more than the SAME TWO test units over and over and over ("Survivor" black 223 and the olive Grendel "C" (They say for "Compact" but most say "California"...

show us a production date already!!

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

There's a new AR-18 design with 6.5 Grendel as an option for barrel/bolt conversions.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• maximus924
                              Unwashed
                              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              There's a new AR-18 design with 6.5 Grendel as an option for barrel/bolt conversions.
                              LOL! This typo sent me on a google search for a weapon I didnt know existed!! the AR-18 was a weird beast! Once I found the X11 you were talking about your post made ALOT more sense ... (your photos didnt show up for me)

Comment

Working...
                              X