• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FWMIII
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

Compensator/muzzle brake size

I am doing my first 6.5 grendel build. Have built a couple of .223 with std flash hider. I want something different on the new gun.

Is it imperative that I have a 6.5 grendel muzzle brake/compensator, or will a larger one work? Seems to be a real shortage of these for 6.5 grendel.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Alexander arms sells them.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.

Most devices are bored large enough for .30 cal and use different threads, namely 9/16x24 or 5/8x24 RH.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• lawndartmike
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2015

Comment

• Slappy
          Warrior
          • Feb 2014

Odin has one out specific for the the Grendel now and it has good reviews. I have two of them and like them. No washers, no timing, very easy to put on. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• dangerzone2
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
            Odin has one out specific for the the Grendel now and it has good reviews. I have two of them and like them. No washers, no timing, very easy to put on. BANG BANG!!
            how ya going to state that and not link anything?! Here you go Looks like its $100.

When it comes to muzzle devices, ODIN Works brings true innovation with the ATLAS Compensator family. The first ever modular adjustable recoil reducing compensator. *Patent Pending* Choose from 5.56 (22 cal), 6.5 (6mm cal), 7.62 (30 cal), and 9mm.

Comment

• Bisley
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2016

For $100 you might want to look at the Precision Firearms LMD brake. It comes with shims, which I don't understand is so hard to use. Put the right amount in to where you can hand tighten it correctly timed, then loosen it and add Loctite. Don't sinch it down hard.

With this one you not only get a great looking brake, you don't have an ugly jam nut, plus it is one of THE most effective brakes out there. It comes in two sizes (for bull & standard barrels) as well as multiple thread pitch and calibers. Also in black or stainless. Well worth twice the price.

Precision Firearms LMD Brake LMD- Level Muzzle Device for Normal Standard .740 Diameter Barrels. Typical AR Barrel. Tapered Muzzle end is .725". Large Diameter is .990". Length is 2 inches. This is our own in house machined Billet brake. Made from 416 Stainless. 11 Degree Target Crown. Top ports are off center to help with countering barrel torque. Includes Shim kit. Available in: For 223 Caliber - 1/2x28 For 224 Valkyrie Caliber - 5/8x24 For 6.5 Caliber - 5/8x24 For 6.5 Caliber -9/16x24 For 308 Caliber - 5/8x24 Cerakoted Stainless + $15 Phalanx (Black Nitride) +$10 Bead Blasted +$5

Comment

• Letereat
                Unwashed
                • Feb 2017

Bisley- on that stainless LMD brake....is that the "cerakoted stainless" or "bead blasted?" I assumed it's bead blasted, just want to make sure before I order.

Comment

Working...
                X