• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Passing of two Gun reviewers

Richard "Mack" Machowicz and Peter Kokalis of Solder Of Fortune magazine have recently passed away.

Mack was on Future weapons with Bill Alexander and the 6.5 Grendel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haqXE8nq3io

Peter Kokalis of "Soldier Of Fortune magazine" was one of the few reliable information sources for military small arms in the 80's and 90's. The rate reducer for the AKM was dispelled many years ago by him as an anti-bounce device for the sheet metal receiver AKM. Many today, "even experts" mistakenly still consider it a rate reducer.
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

I cut my teeth on Kokalis and Ken Hackathorn while in high school. I was way over my head but love reading their stuff. Time waits for no man...
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
      I cut my teeth on Kokalis and Ken Hackathorn while in high school. I was way over my head but love reading their stuff. Time waits for no man...
      +1

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Sad days. We need more guys following up behind them for decent Mag articles.

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

The ones that really tell it like it is are few and far between, 2 more left us

RIP Gentlemen

Comment

Working...
          X