X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 04-13-2017, 06:30 PM.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Troutguide
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

DNS tell us how they work in the piggies!!!
      "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Steamburn
        Warrior
        • Apr 2015

This is the first time I read about this new type of bullets and I'm impressed.
        Last edited by Steamburn; 04-13-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

The 6.8 SPC results have been really good. I expect the Grendel results should be comparable. Won't know until I shoot some hogs, hopefully some big enough to get bullet recovery.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Schrambo
            Warrior
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
            Much fancier boxes than I got... But I think these'll do the job...

Comment

• Joseph5
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

Cornbread,
              You might want to do some more research about Sneaky one's comments before you accuse him of crapping on the cavity back bullets. If you check his history on this sight you will find that he has been working on many different lead free, light weight bullets for the 6.5 Grendel specifically. He has years of research published on this sight at lord only knows what personal cost. He has graciously shared his findings with the horde over the years. He wasn't knocking cavity back bullets as I took it, he was just stating an opinion based on the road he has previously travelled.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2013

Well said Joseph.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that many of us don't like writing a book when we post. Sneaky one has a unique posting style that is to the point and cryptic at the same time. Kinda sneaky if you will.
                Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Cornbread
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Joseph5 View Post
                  Cornbread,
                  You might want to do some more research about Sneaky one's comments before you accuse him of crapping on the cavity back bullets. If you check his history on this sight you will find that he has been working on many different lead free, light weight bullets for the 6.5 Grendel specifically. He has years of research published on this sight at lord only knows what personal cost. He has graciously shared his findings with the horde over the years. He wasn't knocking cavity back bullets as I took it, he was just stating an opinion based on the road he has previously travelled.
                  Intent is often a hard thing to judge on the net. However, I took his comments as being dismissive of a product that someone has worked very hard to bring to market and I am sure has spent a lot of time and money on. I don't think some folks realize how hard and expensive it is to bring a product to market.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
                    Bloodstained
                    • Nov 2016

Since I cannot compare a 100gr or 105gr GMX to our 105 MKZ in the Grendel as the GMX does not exist. I will show a comparison from a caliber .013 larger. 100 GMX left, 105 MKZ right.
                    Also keep in mind we can run our MKZ faster than any comparable weight copper at the same OAL and as fast or faster than a lead core. Something that does not happen without the Cavity.
                    It's been proven to work from 6mm to 30 cal so far.
                    In consideration of Hornady not building a 85 to 90 grain GMX for the Grendel I question the profitability of putting the resources into it. There must not be enough demand for it to pencil.
                    As always I appreciate the input good or bad.

Edit: These are recovered from hogs.
                    Last edited by CavityBackBullets; 04-15-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
                      Bloodstained
                      • Nov 2016

We are getting results in with the 105gr MKZ on hogs. Damage has been in line with what we see from the 118gr. 2.5x caliber expansion, massive trauma, massive blood loss, 90% pass thru for a good blood trail (although usually not needed). The loads Double Naught Spy is using are mild at 2630 fps. The bullet can be run up to 2800 fps from a 20in barrel.
                      As those using it are finding the 105gr loads more like a 95gr to 100gr than a 105gr.

Something we have not discussed here, when the projectiles are traveling thru game in the expanded state the weight forward design keeps the projectile moving forward with less yaw and reversal than typical solids. We found this in all types of media in initial testing.
                      This is one of the reasons we see massive trauma all through the temporary and permanent wound channel.
                      This also adds to their ability to crush thru bone without deflecting as easily.

Comment

• D.Davis
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2013

Cav, Is there a sale/ discount for the 6.5G crowd? Dave.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
                          Bloodstained
                          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by D.Davis View Post
                          Cav, Is there a sale/ discount for the 6.5G crowd? Dave.
                          I wish I could. If you look on the site you can see that we discount from retail already. Compared to other CNC turned all copper projectiles we are priced well below them. Even though the cavity takes extra processes.
                          Our margins are just enough to stay in business.
                          As demand and production increases we will adjust accordingly.

Comment

• Drift
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2014

The primary reason I would want a 85gr bullet would be less recoil.. which equals a faster follow up shot at running hogs. That presupposes both the same accuracy and lethality as a 120gr traditional bullet.
                            To put it another way, for hunters if your product is just as lethal as as standard 120g cup in core bullet, and is only 5-10 grains lighter but costs significantly more, your product will not stand out much, just cost more.

Comment

• Troutguide
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2017

Unless you live in a lead free zone.
                              "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• sneaky one
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

Cavityback, can you contact me in a PM here- I'll give you guys some links. Been out of town and way too busy lately. I can make a few samples 0f 80-85-90-95-100, GMX pills.

The Inclusion of 5% zinc made the std. copper pill into --- basically a Steel bullet -by destruction... Lemmmee know

Comment

Working...
                                X