• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CavityBackBullets
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Drift View Post
    The primary reason I would want a 85gr bullet would be less recoil.. which equals a faster follow up shot at running hogs. That presupposes both the same accuracy and lethality as a 120gr traditional bullet.
    To put it another way, for hunters if your product is just as lethal as as standard 120g cup in core bullet, and is only 5-10 grains lighter but costs significantly more, your product will not stand out much, just cost more.
    First sorry for the late reply.

Our bullet is more lethal that a standard cup core bullet. It has more weight retention, bigger expansion, and can be driven faster. Its the only all copper bullet that will run faster than a comparable weight lead core bullet.
    Take our 118 grain MKZ its sub MOA to 1000 yards, sub .7 MOA actually, as tested by Predator Down not us. No other un-tipped high expansion all copper bullet can claim this. According to him it ran right with an Amax to 1000 yards.
    RickOshay in his test rated our 118 MKZ as effective on game to 450 yards.
    You will get more energy dumped on target while the weight retention will also get you more blood loss and a bigger blood trail if needed due to shot placement.
    Now our 105 grain MKZ has been proving itself as well.
    The 105 MKZ has been running right around 2800 fps for a number of users.
    You will find they load more like a 95 to 100 grain bullet.

Our projectiles have a Hybrid ogive, they are easy to tune and as I said before accurate.
    Our engraving friction is lower than other copper bullets, something we figured out.
    Our bullets maintain better dynamic stability due to the design.
    The Cavity Back has proven itself to work in any cartridge that is challenged by case capacity to increase powder handling. In my own personal loads I'm running 2630 fps from an 18in barrel with our 118 MKZ. The loads Double Naught Spy is using are only in the 2450 ish range if I remember correctly. So you dont have to push them hard, but you can if you want to.

I have never seen any 85 grain bullet kill as well as 120 grain bullet.
    Despite energy differences I never see anyone talk about available expansion diameter. While energy kill, speed kills, expansion size also kills.
    Our bullets expand 2.5x caliber in game. More than anyone elses.

Will I do an 85 grain, maybe. Everyone that trys our bullets seems to adopt them as their main hunting bullet. We must be doing something right.

Comment

• Cornbread
      Warrior
      • Dec 2015

ok inquiring minds want to know how you are getting 2600+ from an 18". I assume you are loading past mag length and running lever powder.

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Cornbread View Post
        ok inquiring minds want to know how you are getting 2600+ from an 18". I assume you are loading past mag length and running lever powder.
        31.5 Grain CFE 223, Lapua brass, CCI450 primer, 2.28 OAL
        AR15 Performance 18in melonited barrel.

CFE, LEVER or 2520 all run in the 2600 range before getting to hot.
        AR Comp and 8208 get me close.
        Of course always start 10% low and work up. YMMV

Our bullets are very easy to tune and you will find accuracy with mild, medium or warm loads.

Comment

• Cornbread
          Warrior
          • Dec 2015

Impressive. How many loads do you have on the brass? I know AR Perf barrels are usually quick but my 18" BHW is struggling to get 2500 with 120 ish grain bullets. I have not tried CFE yet. I was also struggling to get 2700 with the 100 grainers. Of course it is a MILE to the lands at mag length with this barrel. I should probably get one of your windowed mags and load long.

Comment

• diddlyv
            Warrior
            • Aug 2016

Do you have a starting load for 2520 for the 105 and 118 CBB????
            Queen of Battle
            Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by diddlyv View Post
              Do you have a starting load for 2520 for the 105 and 118 CBB????
              29.5 grains 2520 for the 105gr
              28 grains 2520 for the 118gr
              Both of these are at 2.28 OAL, Lapua brass, CCI 450 primer

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Cornbread View Post
                Impressive. How many loads do you have on the brass? I know AR Perf barrels are usually quick but my 18" BHW is struggling to get 2500 with 120 ish grain bullets. I have not tried CFE yet. I was also struggling to get 2700 with the 100 grainers. Of course it is a MILE to the lands at mag length with this barrel. I should probably get one of your windowed mags and load long.
                I have 3 loads on the brass so far and all is well.

Comment

• diddlyv
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2016

Thanks
                  Queen of Battle
                  Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

Working...
                  X