Military Pistol Standard (Not a Pistol Selection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
    I've been working on a white paper that proposes a drastic change in the military's SOP for pistols. The intent is to (soon) send this white paper to my congressional reps, anyone who is willing to send it to their congressional reps, and eventually get it published. Although, I have absolutely no idea of how to go about getting a paper published.
    One possibility for getting it published is to submit it to magazines such as: Infantry; Marine Corps Gazette; National Defense; National Guard; Army; etc.
    Last edited by stanc; 02-01-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Getting this to SECDEF Mattis would be incredible!!! Anybody have his email address? Seriously, it may be a pipe dream, but I'd love to see this get enough traction to make it into the White House.
      Why not print out a hard copy and send it to Mattis via snail-mail?

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by stanc View Post
        Why not print out a hard copy and send it to Mattis via snail-mail?
        I'm thinking about sending out a few that way.
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Another option is to get your idea to someone who works at Crane. I knew Troopers who were ERT and were permitted to sign out equipment or do training at Crane (NSW Indiana). This has been 10 years ago but at that time there was a lot of training and equipment testing going on between Military and LE.

If you come up empty handed I might be able to make a couple of phone calls to a couple of LE that might have an in.

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

I didn't know Crane existed until you posted about it. Now I'm intrigued by the possibility. Any idea on how to go about getting it to someone that works at Crane? Thanks!

Comment

• Sticks
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2016

One hurdle you are going to have to overcome is the "stigma" that the last 8 years has placed on returning vets is they all have PTSD.

Going to be hard to get civilian oversight on a project like this to readily accept a discharged soldier the option to buy out/retain their duty sidearm.
              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• cory
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                One hurdle you are going to have to overcome is the "stigma" that the last 8 years has placed on returning vets is they all have PTSD.

Going to be hard to get civilian oversight on a project like this to readily accept a discharged soldier the option to buy out/retain their duty sidearm.
                I fully understand that argument is coming.

To those on that side of the argument, I'd first say check your emotions and feelings at the door as we are only dealing in facts and logic.

Secondly if the newly discharged Veteran can walk off base to the nearest Local Gun Shop and buy the same pistol legally, give me a good argument as to why they should not be able to retain their service pistol.

Comment

• Sticks
                  Chieftain
                  • Dec 2016

To those on that side of the argument, I'd first say check your emotions and feelings at the door as we are only dealing in facts and logic.

Secondly if the newly discharged Veteran can walk off base to the nearest Local Gun Shop and buy the same pistol legally, give me a good argument as to why they should not be able to retain their service pistol.
                  Don't get me wrong, I am 100% in agreement with you. It's the administration for the last 8 years has convinced the gen. pop. that they are vets, therefore they have PTSD, and should not be allowed to own dangerous weapons.
                  Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Plenty of guys with PTSD that were flagged as non-deployable miraculously were cured when the units didn't have enough bodies for the next deployment.

The Army can cure anything.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• n9nwo
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2016

This is something I have thought about. If we issued weapons, and field gear, in Basic and had each service member put down a deposit (full cost) of the weapon and equipment then we have cut the costs of equipping troops. The service member then is responsible for the weapon and equipment and it transfer with him/her from duty station to duty station (PCS). At the end of service the service member would have the option of turning the weapon and equipment in and having their deposit back or having the gear demilled and transferred to them.

Junior enlisted might have to have secure storage but NCOs and officers should be seen as responsible enough to be trusted with weapons and field gear.

Comment

• n9nwo
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2016

If you cannot trust a soldier or Marine (there are questions about the Air Force and Navy, naturally) with their weapons then why are in the ranks?

And if a civilian could not be trusted with weapons then are they trustworthy to be allowed to vote? Would you want them being a doctor, a lawyer, or teaching children? Or being a government employee? Or even an university professor?

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

I've updated the 2nd post with a pdf of the final baseline version. I'll update the first post once photobucket decides to work.

Comment

• cory
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2012

Okay the correct pdf is attached now. I was having some serious technical difficulties last night.

Comment

Working...
                            X